ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR received, what happens to current dependants?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

talktonight

ILR received, what happens to current dependants?

Post by talktonight » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:30 pm

I successfully received my ILR (long residence) yesterday at Croydon PEO, and I now have a question regarding my dependents, who are currently dependents to my Tier 2 General visa which was due to expire in 2018, which is technically not valid since getting my ILR yesterday.

Is there any time limit when they must apply for FLR(M) or can they remain in the UK as Tier 2 dependents for some time? No one seem to have the answer - even immigration officer at Croydon PEO couldn't answer this question yesterday.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR received, what happens to current dependants?

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:11 pm

There is no timeframe within which they must apply on FLR(M) but sooner is better than later as FLR(M) will reset their clock to zero for ILR.

They should also not travel on their current visa as they risk being refused re-entry to the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.