ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General VISA_Sponsorship Revoked

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

KPSP

Tier 2 General VISA_Sponsorship Revoked

Post by KPSP » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:02 pm

Hi All,

My company sponsorship has been revoked last week and with respect to this could you please help me with the below questions.

1. I have been on this company sponsored VISA for 3 years now, I hope this period still counts to my ILR even though the sponsorship has been revoked. Please correct me if am wrong.

2. If I convert to Tier 2 dependent VISA now, then will my ILR clock reset?

3. Once I find a new sponsor, should my dependent too go for a VISA renewal under the new sponsor or she can still be on the same VISA until its expiry?

Thanks,
KPSP

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Tier 2 General VISA_Sponsorship Revoked

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:18 pm

KPSP wrote:Hi All,

My company sponsorship has been revoked last week and with respect to this could you please help me with the below questions.

1. I have been on this company sponsored VISA for 3 years now, I hope this period still counts to my ILR even though the sponsorship has been revoked. Please correct me if am wrong.

2. If I convert to Tier 2 dependent VISA now, then will my ILR clock reset?

3. Once I find a new sponsor, should my dependent too go for a VISA renewal under the new sponsor or she can still be on the same VISA until its expiry?

Thanks,
KPSP
AIUI...

1. Yes, for 10 year Long Residence

2. Not for 10 year, but yes for 5 year.

3. New sponsor, new visa subject to RLMT, etc.

I can be wrong, and often am....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

KPSP

Post by KPSP » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:24 pm

Thanks for the immediate reply.

For Q1. Do you mean to say it will not count under 5 years ILR?
For Q3. It hope I need to go for new VISA for my dependent as well.

Any feedback from other gurus much appreciated.

Thanks.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:39 am

1. if u manage to find a new sponsor and change visa before your current visa is curtailed, then yes it will count to 5 years tier 2 time towards ilr (depending on if you are eligible for ilr under new rules).

paradoxical
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by paradoxical » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:51 am

Check this for the last point
(https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... sion_why_a)
If the principle migrant changes employer, the dependants do not need to reapply provided their existing visa is valid. In your particular case, if the visa is indeed curtailed, then it would presumably be curtailed for your dependants as well. If that doesn't happen, you wouldn't need to reapply for your dependants and they can continue to stay on the basis of their existing dependant visa as long as it is valid.

KPSP

Post by KPSP » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:19 pm

Thanks all.

Confused on Q3, best way would be reapplying for dependents as well. Any thoughts?

@iworker - Thanks for the update. When you say "depending on if you are eligible for ilr under new rules", I guess you mean the salary requirement. Please correct me if I am missing any other rule.

Thanks-

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:02 pm

yes right now its salary rules. Also the rules can change any time and u will have to comply with new rules which are in place when your time comes to apply for ilr