ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Terrible experience at London Heathrow Airport

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Khan88
Newly Registered

Terrible experience at London Heathrow Airport

Post by Khan88 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:50 pm

While I was returning from Pakistan on 17th May 2016, Immigration officer at{ Heathrow Terminal 4} asked what u doing here, I replied I m a business consultants,
• He asked what services u provide,,,, I replied I do market Research for my clients, marinating clients customer records, making price and sale strategy etc etc
After that he took me to one of the ROOM and wait me for about 4 hours then OTHER
Immigration officer came and asked a few questions from me then he said I will give u temporary Admission to Uk and you have to come for other interview after 2 weeks……when I went to attend that interview I waited again for 2 hours ,after 2 hours one of the immigration officer came and asked again few question which was too easy, Like where is your business, what is your qualification etc., Do u have Business Card ,website, I said Yes I have and show him business card too…….He went away and told me our chief Immigrations officer will come and discuss with you shortly .
When chief Immigration officer came he was too rude and was in bad mood….He asked me
• What is your business about……I said its Business Consultancy
• Do u have office…….Ii said NO I just got visa few month ago( I goted my visa on 12/12/15) so will look for office soon
• Do u have any employ………I said no, Business as in starting mode so will hire employ soon because I don’t need it now.
• How much money u show to invest……I said 50thousand£
• Where is the money……I said 10 thousand £ has been forward to my account and the rest of money will be transfer when I require, I don’t need it now and state bank of Pakistan can’t allow you Too to send that much big amount in one Bang………………..HE SAID NO I’m arranging for you other interview which will be next week,,,, I want u transfer all the Remaining 40 thousand £ to Your account, Bring the statement that the money his here,,,, ,Otherwise I will cancel your VISA and Send you back to Pakistan.
My interview is on 15th Jun 2016 any one suggest what to tell him or what to do….I asked my consultants and accountant, HE said no u don’t need to bring all the money in one week,,, YOU have to invest all the 50thousand£ in 3 years times.

I’m confuse and too stress anyone help Pease.

Thanks

Mrchaany

Re: Terrible Experience at London Heathrow Airport

Post by Mrchaany » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:19 pm

Tell him In your interview that it will transfer all
Fund from Pakistan to uk in first annual accounts
Because of director loan.
Strong commitment, extreme faith and honesty will recognize your existence.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:20 pm

All immigration officers I dealt with were respectful, friendly and nice. Sometimes the ask few questions but no harassment, threats or hostility at all. :wink:
A front desk immigration officer at the Airport has no power to curtail your residence permit and deport you to Pakistan :lol: Residence permit curtailment requires arrangements with the HO and their approval where they should prove that you broke some immigration rules. Deportation almost cannot happen to someone with a valid residence permit arriving at the UK border.

Now did you get a an official letter from HO for interview ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

speshow

Re: Terrible experience at London Heathrow Airport

Post by speshow » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:38 pm

Khan88 wrote:While I was returning from Pakistan on 17th May 2016, Immigration officer at{ Heathrow Terminal 4} asked what u doing here, I replied I m a business consultants,
• He asked what services u provide,,,, I replied I do market Research for my clients, marinating clients customer records, making price and sale strategy etc etc
After that he took me to one of the ROOM and wait me for about 4 hours then OTHER
Immigration officer came and asked a few questions from me then he said I will give u temporary Admission to Uk and you have to come for other interview after 2 weeks……when I went to attend that interview I waited again for 2 hours ,after 2 hours one of the immigration officer came and asked again few question which was too easy, Like where is your business, what is your qualification etc., Do u have Business Card ,website, I said Yes I have and show him business card too…….He went away and told me our chief Immigrations officer will come and discuss with you shortly .
When chief Immigration officer came he was too rude and was in bad mood….He asked me
• Do u have office…….Ii said NO I just got visa few month ago( I goted my visa on 12/12/15) so will look for office soon
• Do u have any employ………I said no, Business as in starting mode so will hire employ soon because I don’t need it now.
• Where is the money……I said 10 thousand £ has been forward to my account and the rest of money will be transfer when I require, I don’t need it now and state bank of Pakistan can’t allow you Too to send that much big amount in one Bang………………..HE SAID NO I’m arranging for you other interview which will be next week,,,, I want u transfer all the Remaining 40 thousand £ to Your account, Bring the statement that the money his here,,,, ,Otherwise I will cancel your VISA and Send you back to Pakistan.
My interview is on 15th Jun 2016 any one suggest what to tell him or what to do….I asked my consultants and accountant, HE said no u don’t need to bring all the money in one week,,, YOU have to invest all the 50thousand£ in 3 years times.

Thanks
Its amazing ...... when I have first three years visa, no one askes me when I in airport only few basic questions... I suggest you ask lawer. they should know how to do.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:52 pm

@ Khan88, I am guessing the immigration officials interviewed you base on ''genuine entrepreneur test'' which sometimes involves psychological questions based on probabilities.

You stated that you got your visa in December 2015 and about 6 months after you were encountered at the airport, you seem to be answering all the questions with not yet.

The immigration official might want to dig deeper into your business and check if you have been actively trading for the past 6months or they might want to see if your funds are still available and transferrable to UK as required under the rule. Even if they don't succeed in asking you to transfer all the money to UK, they might ask you to provide bank statements showing the funds is still in same account with which you first apply.

I will advice that you seek the advice of an experienced lawyer to handle your case.

The immigration officials at the airport might not have the right to revoke your visa without any concrete proof but don't forget that some Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa holder hardly do any business and this make the immigration officials to be suspicious of everyone with same visa.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:22 pm

Immigration Officers do have powers to revoke or cancel leave, if they have sufficient cause.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Khan88
Newly Registered

Post by Khan88 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:20 am

thanks for the reply...What is the LAW,,,,we have to invest 50k in 3 year time or when require by home office,20k already have been transferred to my account.

Khan88
Newly Registered

Post by Khan88 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:23 am

zimba88 wrote:All immigration officers I dealt with were respectful, friendly and nice. Sometimes the ask few questions but no harassment, threats or hostility at all. :wink:
A front desk immigration officer at the Airport has no power to curtail your residence permit and deport you to Pakistan :lol: Residence permit curtailment requires arrangements with the HO and their approval where they should prove that you broke some immigration rules. Deportation almost cannot happen to someone with a valid residence permit arriving at the UK border.

Simply Interview Date and time which is issued from Border force not HO,,,They didn't mentioned what documents to bring

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:37 am

I think that you should satisfy 245DC or 245DE.

Do you have a representative to go with you to the meeting?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:31 am

sounds like a episode from "UK Border Force" program.

I know from that programs immigration officers at airports can send you back home on the next plan if they find out foul play. could be because if they let them out, it is difficult to track them down later.

sympathies with the OP though. prepare well for the meeting, and demonstrate how you intend to do business in the UK with sound plan and enthusiasm.

just out of curiosity , any black markers in your immigration history ?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:41 am

You should find a representative to go with you. The question will be regarding your business activity, the reason for your long absence as an entrepreneur, questions about the nature of your business, questions on whether you have access to the investment, questions on why you have no employees yet, etc.

You need to be prepared to defend you case and show that you are genuinely running a business as an entrepreneur in the UK and justify your long absence
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:16 pm

I am guessing (complete guess) there was some note on your record that alerted the border official and not random suspicion of the border guard him/herself

I go through LHR (or other airports) probably twice a month. In landing card occupation I write entrepreneur and usually get asked "what do you do" and I answer "I develop and make XXXX" and that is it.

solomondid

Post by solomondid » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:01 pm

Upvote seasky, I guess that too or it might even be your presentation at arrival.

I travelled to USA for two weeks and got asked what business? IT, why been to America? Said was on seminar and exhibition, how long for - two weeks and that was it.

All the best to you and be confident, its half victory.

Regards,
Solomon

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:29 pm

How long were you away for?

Khan88
Newly Registered

Post by Khan88 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:10 pm

But he told me u need to transfer the rest of 40k in 1 week............I said in which rule u telling me this,,,Because this money should be invested in 3 year time not in 1 week.........,He was silent?
plus i said State bank of Pakistan donot allow that much amount to be transferred in one Bang....he kept silent

Khan88
Newly Registered

Post by Khan88 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:12 pm

speshow wrote:
Khan88 wrote:While I was returning from Pakistan on 17th May 2016, Immigration officer at{ Heathrow Terminal 4} asked what u doing here, I replied I m a business consultants,

Thanks
Its amazing ...... when I have first three years visa, no one askes me when I in airport only few basic questions... I suggest you ask lawer. they should know how to do.
Thanks for the reply.................I spoke to few solicitors they said we cant help now..we will do if ur visa curtail incase........this is simple case they will ask few question and give u ur passport back

suvalike
Member of Standing

Post by suvalike » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:29 pm

How was your interview on 15 June ?

umair2017

Post by umair2017 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:03 pm

How was your interivew? Did you manage to get your passport back?

Member of Standing

Post by 10020132 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:24 pm

I believe he most probably doubted you because you said that your business is consultancy which involves 100% client interaction where as your quality and level of english is that of 6th grade

mohammed1980

Post by mohammed1980 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:07 pm

Thanks
What was the outcome of the interview on 15th June?

mohammed1980

Post by mohammed1980 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:10 pm

zimba88 wrote:All immigration officers I dealt with were respectful, friendly and nice. Sometimes the ask few questions but no harassment, threats or hostility at all. :wink:

The front desk guy does not do the curtailment himself. He takes the immigrant to another room where he is interviewed by an Immigration Officer. And this officer does have the right to curtail the visa at the airport.

I know a woman from London whose visa was curtailed at the airport and was put into detention.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:40 pm

The front desk guy does not do the curtailment himself. He takes the immigrant to another room where he is interviewed by an Immigration Officer. And this officer does have the right to curtail the visa at the airport.
I know a woman from London whose visa was curtailed at the airport and was put into detention.
If HO has flagged you, then yes. You could expect to be detained, questioned, interviewed, etc.
Otherwise it will be almost impossible to get your residency curtailed at the airport just because a front desk officer was not satisfied. I am not convinced that you get randomly selected for interviews or questioning at the border with a valid BRP. The story is different for people who are on short visit visas at the border.

There is a big paranoia trending on this forums right now. Hundreds of thousands of residents travel in and out of the country every year without any issues at all. On here, we just hear the odd cases usually without enough information, context or details. The advice is to follow the rules and you should be fine.

mohammed1980

Post by mohammed1980 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:54 pm

zimba88 wrote:
If HO has flagged you, then yes. You could expect to be detained, questioned, interviewed, etc.
Otherwise it will be almost impossible to get your residency curtailed at the airport just because a front desk officer was not satisfied. I am not convinced that you get randomly selected for interviews or questioning at the border with a valid BRP. The story is different for people who are on short visit visas at the border.

There is a big paranoia trending on this forums right now. Hundreds of thousands of residents travel in and out of the country every year without any issues at all. On here, we just hear the odd cases usually without enough information, context or details. The advice is to follow the rules and you should be fine.
Only those facing problems will use this forum to look for a solution to their problem. So we read only cases where there were issues at the airport. Rest will not post here.

Regarding random selection for interview - all immigrants on T1visa are questioned by the immigration officer at the immigration desk. They start with asking simple questions on business and nature of business. On the basis of the answers you give, they either probe further or they stamp your passport and allow entry.

The lady whose visa was curtailed at the Heathrow was asked whether she invested the money. This is a normal question asked to all.

She said, NO she has not yet invested because she had borrowed the money from relatives which she returned after she got the visa. She has to now arrange for money. Her visa was immediately curtailed.

The moral of the story it depends how you answer the basic questions.

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:41 pm

mohammed1980 wrote:
zimba88 wrote:

Only those facing problems will use this forum to look for a solution to their problem. So we read only cases where there were issues at the airport. Rest will not post here.

Regarding random selection for interview - all immigrants on T1visa are questioned by the immigration officer at the immigration desk. They start with asking simple questions on business and nature of business. On the basis of the answers you give, they either probe further or they stamp your passport and allow entry.

The lady whose visa was curtailed at the Heathrow was asked whether she invested the money. This is a normal question asked to all.

She said, NO she has not yet invested because she had borrowed the money from relatives which she returned after she got the visa. She has to now arrange for money. Her visa was immediately curtailed.

The moral of the story it depends how you answer the basic questions.

The moral of the story is that you need to abide by the rules of the visa. You must keep access to the investment money. She relinquished it and was rightly curtailed.

Khan88
Newly Registered

Post by Khan88 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:00 pm

Hello Everyone,,,,,As i posted earlier that My interview was on 16/6/16,but the borderforce changed my interview to 03/08/2016,,,,,,,,,,They asked for proof of Fund transfered to uk which 30000£,IHhave already invested 20000£ in uk,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Any one suggest 50000£ should be invest in 6 month or in 3 year time,,,,,,,,,i recently got my visa in dec 2015