ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter From Home Office after i got my Ent extension

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

waqas734
Pakistan

Letter From Home Office after i got my Ent extension

Post by waqas734 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:41 pm

Hello To all board Members ,

I have received a strange letter from ukvi which says the following ,

" As a result of joint working with other govt agencies the home office has information to indicate that referring to my own company which myself is director of is employing mr (Me) , and that he/she may not have the permission to be in the uk and work ,

what you need to do if you continue to employ Mr (me)

1 check whether mr abc have valid permission to work in the uk by conducting a right to work check
2 stop employing mr abc if following checks conclude I may not hve the right to work in the uk
3 if you have already established that mr abc has no right to work and you have ceased their employment you don't need to do anything
4if following checks you conclude that mr abc continues to have the right to work for you , you are not required to take any further action

the letter has come from Employer compliance department of home office

the letter is strange and they have sent this letter to my own company saying to not employ me and I am the director of this company and have successfully extended my entrepreneur visa couple of months ago

any inputs on above would be appreciated or if someone have received the same letter

Thanks

noajthan

Re: Letter From Home Office after i got my Ent extension

Post by noajthan » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:52 pm

How bizarre.
Genuine letter? Or a 'friend' having 'a laugh'?

Any valid HO or other references, address, telephone numbers?
Are all your details correct in every detail?

Who is letter addressed to?
How are you addressed in the letter if its actually about you as a potential illegal worker too?!
[Dear Mr Smith, ... your employee Mr Smith is a suspect..] << doesn't compute!

Is it a HO style envelope, letterhead, logo, quality of paper?
Is envelope carrying a stamp or franked?
Printed or hand-written address?
Postmark from ??

Is it from a named official? Are they contactable via a publicly-listed HO switchboard (and not just by a number quoted in the letter)?

How's the layout, grammar, any typos?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:26 am

noajthan wrote:How's the layout, grammar, any typos?
Mistakes doesn't prove that it's not from a Government department.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

waqas734
Pakistan

Post by waqas734 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:33 am

noajthan wrote:How bizarre.
Genuine letter? Or a 'friend' having 'a laugh'?

Any valid HO or other references, address, telephone numbers?
Are all your details correct in every detail?

Who is letter addressed to?
How are you addressed in the letter if its actually about you as a potential illegal worker too?!
[Dear Mr Smith, ... your employee Mr Smith is a suspect..] << doesn't compute!

Is it a HO style envelope, letterhead, logo, quality of paper?
Is envelope carrying a stamp or franked?
Printed or hand-written address?
Postmark from ??

Is it from a named official? Are they contactable via a publicly-listed HO switchboard (and not just by a number quoted in the letter)?

How's the layout, grammar, any typos?
thanks for your reply , the letter is genuine has come from their office in Manchester which is the return address on envelope also there email and ref number is there and my National Insurance number is mentioned on the letter as well , the letter has to come to my home address and they referring and ,
enquiring or advising to my own company like I said I am the director of along with my partner , it is definitely from HO style , letterhead , logo and paper and on the last page has been signed by civil penalty compliance team . they haven't said suspect or anything just asked my company to carry out work and status check

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:37 am

vinny wrote:
noajthan wrote:How's the layout, grammar, any typos?
Mistakes doesn't prove that it's not from a Government department.
No, but a forensic analysis of a bunch of factors will give a steer whether its from Sir Humphrey or from the boys in the hood.

And I didn't suggest to look for perfect grammar :wink:

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:43 am

waqas734 wrote:thanks for your reply , the letter is genuine has come from their office in Manchester which is the return address on envelope also there email and ref number is there and my National Insurance number is mentioned on the letter as well , the letter has to come to my home address and they referring and ,
enquiring or advising to my own company like I said I am the director of along with my partner , it is definitely from HO style , letterhead , logo and paper and on the last page has been signed by civil penalty compliance team . they haven't said suspect or anything just asked my company to carry out work and status check
I've seen fake letters reported in forum before. Not one like this.

Evidently its one way our tax-£££ are being spent on enforcement.

Perhaps other members will step up to share similar examples...

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:48 am

Presence of watermarks?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

waqas734
Pakistan

Post by waqas734 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:05 am

vinny wrote:Presence of watermarks?
No presence of any watermark whatsoever , its on plain yellowish type paper , and it hasn't come to my company address but home address and in whole letter they have used my name but have used words like HE/SHe , if and buts etc they haven't even check my status and that I am the director of the company not an employee . also my NI number wont have any records as I haven't worked on my NI since last 9 years since I am in the country always been an entrepreneur after I finished my studies even when I was student never worked .they haven't suspect me or said anything about my status just assumption appears in wording all over the letter

Napoleon77
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Napoleon77 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:21 am

waqas734 wrote:Hello To all board Members ,

I have received a strange letter from ukvi which says the following ,

" As a result of joint working with other govt agencies the home office has information to indicate that referring to my own company which myself is director of is employing mr (Me) , and that he/she may not have the permission to be in the uk and work ,

what you need to do if you continue to employ Mr (me)

1 check whether mr abc have valid permission to work in the uk by conducting a right to work check
2 stop employing mr abc if following checks conclude I may not hve the right to work in the uk
3 if you have already established that mr abc has no right to work and you have ceased their employment you don't need to do anything
4if following checks you conclude that mr abc continues to have the right to work for you , you are not required to take any further action

the letter has come from Employer compliance department of home office

the letter is strange and they have sent this letter to my own company saying to not employ me and I am the director of this company and have successfully extended my entrepreneur visa couple of months ago

any inputs on above would be appreciated or if someone have received the same letter

Thanks
I received a similar letter last month.

The letter was from Immigration Enforcement. It was signed by Civil Penalty Compliance Team and had an email address.... employercompliance

I sent an email to the email address and simply got an automated response.

The letter didnt have a phone number so I could not call them. But I had a number for UK Visas and Immigration who I called but they claimed they were not aware of the letter that was sent by Immigration Enforcement.

Napoleon77
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Napoleon77 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:24 am

This is the response I got when I sent them a mail

This auto response confirms that your correspondence has been successfully received in the Employer Compliance inbox.

You have received a compliance letter from us as we have information to indicate that you have been employing someone who may not have permission to be in the UK and work. You should carry out the appropriate action as described to you in your letter to ensure you avoid liability for a civil penalty. This includes checking whether the named individual has valid permission to work for you by conducting a right to work check. You can do this by following instructions at https://www.gov.uk/legal-right-work-uk

It is your responsibility to conduct these checks in order to verify your employee’s right to work. You are only required to request a verification check from the Employer Checking Service where your employee has an outstanding application or appeal to the Home Office or where they present documents which require a Positive Verification Notice. To find out if you need to request a verification check from the Employer Checking Service, you should use the online tool at https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status

You can find out more about your responsibilities as an employer to prevent illegal working in the UK on GOV.UK.

Kind regards

Workflow Team
Civil Penalty Compliance Team
Immigration Enforcement

waqas734
Pakistan

Post by waqas734 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:04 am

Napoleon77 wrote:This is the response I got when I sent them a mail

This auto response confirms that your correspondence has been successfully received in the Employer Compliance inbox.

You have received a compliance letter from us as we have information to indicate that you have been employing someone who may not have permission to be in the UK and work. You should carry out the appropriate action as described to you in your letter to ensure you avoid liability for a civil penalty. This includes checking whether the named individual has valid permission to work for you by conducting a right to work check. You can do this by following instructions at https://www.gov.uk/legal-right-work-uk

It is your responsibility to conduct these checks in order to verify your employee’s right to work. You are only required to request a verification check from the Employer Checking Service where your employee has an outstanding application or appeal to the Home Office or where they present documents which require a Positive Verification Notice. To find out if you need to request a verification check from the Employer Checking Service, you should use the online tool at https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status

You can find out more about your responsibilities as an employer to prevent illegal working in the UK on GOV.UK.

Kind regards

Workflow Team
Immigration Enforcement
yes I have received the same exact letter from the civil penalty compliance team , I did not choose to respond the letter as I believe this is an invalid letter doesn't make any sense . when did u receive this letter and what exactly HO said when u rang them , was it from them or do they recognize this letter or a scam but the letter had my correct NI number on it also there was no contact tel number on the letter .

Ams2013

Post by Ams2013 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:04 am

Waqas, this letter has not been sent by mistake as Employment Compliance and HMRC are working together these days, as during your extension application time you must have been withdrawing director salary and your salary details must have been submitted to HMRC through RTI and as your stay was expired and you were waiting for your extensions decisions therefore the RTI for your salary during extension application period was being picked as red flag , hence they have sent you the letter !

But you don't have to worry as your extension is approved now and your overstay period (waiting time for extension application) has been covered by 3C rule.

You just reply them through email/post explaining the above situation so that they can update their records and remove the warning from their records.

Hope this make sense !

waqas734
Pakistan

Post by waqas734 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:29 am

waqas734 wrote:

Kind regards

Workflow Team
Immigration Enforcement
yes I have received the same exact letter from the civil penalty compliance team , I did not choose to respond the letter as I believe this is an invalid letter doesn't make any sense . when did u receive this letter and what exactly HO said when u rang them , was it from them or do they recognize this letter or a scam but the letter had my correct NI number on it also there was no contact tel number on the letter .
waqas734 wrote:

Kind regards

Workflow Team
Immigration Enforcement
Ams2013 wrote:Waqas, this letter has not been sent by mistake as Employment Compliance and HMRC are working together these days, as during your extension application time you must have been withdrawing director salary and your salary details must have been submitted to HMRC through RTI and as your stay was expired and you were waiting for your extensions decisions therefore the RTI for your salary during extension application period was being picked as red flag , hence they have sent you the letter !

But you don't have to worry as your extension is approved now and your overstay period (waiting time for extension application) has been covered by 3C rule.

You just reply them through email/post explaining the above situation so that they can update their records and remove the warning from their records.

Hope this make sense !
Thankyou for your input It is making sense what you are saying but I took director salary only 4 times and that was before extension it took only 20 days to get my extension approved and between than I did not take any director salary and submit RTI

Legal83

Post by Legal83 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:17 am

It's common letter to employers, who had employee on payroll and his / her visa expires.

You need to write down a letter to home office with your visa copy that you have extended your visa and have a valid leave to remain.

They will update data.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:07 am

There is nothing to worry. These are generic letters being sent to employers usually through an automated process handled by a software that cross checks your employment rights versus your immigration status. As the letter itself says, you can ignore it as you are not breaking any immigration laws and you can be on the payroll of your own company as a Tier 1E migrant.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice