ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Postal premium upgrade guidance

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SetO guy

Postal premium upgrade guidance

Post by SetO guy » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:45 pm

Dear All,

I applied for my Visa on 17Mar2016, Received the BRP letter 3rd week of March. Promptly gave BRP in the last week of March2016.

Since then no reply from Home Office. Regularly checking with my solicitor. I never received the automatic email from the Home office.

As it nearing 3 months, please could you suggest whether it is advisable to upgrade my visa to a postal premium (paying 400 pounds).

Has anyone has any experience in dealing with the new upgrade process. Please share your experience.

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Postal premium upgrade guidance

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:22 pm

It is £500 to upgrade to premium service. You have to apply for this and wait for HO to give you approval to do it. See link below.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... quest-form
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SetO guy

Post by SetO guy » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:30 pm

HI CR001,

Thank you for the prompt reply. The payment page shows £400 pounds if the candidate is not attending in person. if attending in person, it is £500.

Do we need to complete both the forms just send the payment page. It is not clear.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:34 pm

I have no idea, it is a new service by HO so only a few members have done it as far as I am aware.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SetO guy

Post by SetO guy » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:01 pm

Hi All,

Has anyone here applied for a postal premium. Please share your experiences. Is it really worth it.

Imran1990
Newly Registered

Post by Imran1990 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:40 pm

I am also thinking to apply but unsure it's worth it.
Already requested to seniors but no reply yet.

sagan

Post by sagan » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:33 pm

See my posts in the postal Time lines thread. I did it a few weeks ago. £400 and they will post it. £500 if you go in to liverpool

SetO guy

Post by SetO guy » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:09 am

Thank you Sagan,

Please could you tell me whether we do complete both forms in the website.

Also, anyone thinking about postal premium upgrade.

saneej4u
Newly Registered

Post by saneej4u » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:29 am

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... quest-form

Go to above site.

Fill both forms and email to: premiumupgrade@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk with your case reference number.

baba_baba

Post by baba_baba » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:10 pm

Hi,

I have sent an email to upgrade my application and got a confirmation, but they have not taken the money from my account. And it has been almost one week now, the first general auto reply says that their service standard is 48 to 72 hours to get our files from storage.

But I don't think that is the case. I am not sure what went wrong. I don't know whether they had any issues in processing the payment or they are too busy to meet their service standards. The frustrating part is that you can't call them and when you send an email, you will receive an auto reply.

saj626

Post by saj626 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:56 pm

Dear Members
I am in the same situation I had applied to upgrade set (LR) on 21 June Tuesday got reply on 22 June Wednesday they said Your application has been requested from the relevant team. Upon receipt of your application we will process the additional payment.since then no money has taken from my account as per guidance it's more than 72 hours no luck. I wonder how UKVI handle postal to premium ? I guess it all about your luck. Some people get response quickly some people are unlucky to get response in my case I got biometric enrolment letter after 7 weeks of application now no luck with premium upgrade its really frustrating.

Good luck guys

baba_baba

Post by baba_baba » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:25 pm

saj626 wrote:Dear Members
I am in the same situation I had applied to upgrade set (LR) on 21 June Tuesday got reply on 22 June Wednesday they said Your application has been requested from the relevant team. Upon receipt of your application we will process the additional payment.since then no money has taken from my account as per guidance it's more than 72 hours no luck. I wonder how UKVI handle postal to premium ? I guess it all about your luck. Some people get response quickly some people are unlucky to get response in my case I got biometric enrolment letter after 7 weeks of application now no luck with premium upgrade its really frustrating.

Good luck guys

There is no update from the Premium upgrade team, I will wait for a couple of days and send another application. Have you heard anyone had a quick service from postal premium service?
Thanks

saj626

Post by saj626 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:10 pm

baba_baba wrote:
saj626 wrote:Dear Members

Good luck guys

There is no update from the Premium upgrade team, I will wait for a couple of days and send another application. Have you heard anyone had a quick service from postal premium service?
Thanks

Dear Baba_baba

I would say just wait few days. I have received an email which says magical statement:

"Dear XXXXX

We are writing to inform you that a decision has been made on your application. You have been granted Indefinite Leave to Remain as of 28.06.16.

Your decision letter and documents will be sent out by Special Delivery –XXXXXXXXXXX to the representative on your application"

P U Team.

baba_baba

Post by baba_baba » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:06 am

Congrats... Small question, did you hand write the the forms and what format did you send them?

I sent my first email as word doc and received no replies and when i emailed them as Handwritten pdf format, i received a reply saying they have requested the file, but my payment form, i still send it as typed pdf. I don't know whether that is the problem.

And in the payment form would you write applicant name or the person paying for the application in section 1? And would you leave section 2 blank?

Thanks

zidane

Post by zidane » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:07 am

]

Dear Baba_baba

I would say just wait few days. I have received an email which says magical statement:

"Dear XXXXX

We are writing to inform you that a decision has been made on your application. You have been granted Indefinite Leave to Remain as of 28.06.16.

Your decision letter and documents will be sent out by Special Delivery –XXXXXXXXXXX to the representative on your application"

P U Team.[/quote]

congrats saj ,

thanks for the update ,
y didn't you use p.e.o initially if i may ask ?

i have the same flr o application pending as you and want to vary to set lr , but on the p.e.o . did you apply 28 days before your 10 years .

thanks
zidane

saj626

Post by saj626 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:16 pm

baba_baba wrote:Congrats... Small question, did you hand write the the forms and what format did you send them?

I sent my first email as word doc and received no replies and when i emailed them as Handwritten pdf format, i received a reply saying they have requested the file, but my payment form, i still send it as typed pdf. I don't know whether that is the problem.

And in the payment form would you write applicant name or the person paying for the application in section 1? And would you leave section 2 blank?

Thanks
Dear BABA

I had used word document for both application and payment.

and Payment form in section 1. you write applicant name. and section 7. you will have to write cardholder name. and section 2 clearly says. ''Contact name in the UK if different from that of the applicant''
if you have representative name on section 1.

Many thanks

f317633

Post by f317633 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:34 pm

saj626 wrote:
baba_baba wrote:Congrats... Small question, did you hand write the the forms and what format did you send them?

Thanks
Dear BABA

I had used word document for both application and payment.

and Payment form in section 1. you write applicant name. and section 7. you will have to write cardholder name. and section 2 clearly says. ''Contact name in the UK if different from that of the applicant''
if you have representative name on section 1.

Many thanks
Hi Saj626,

is there deadline every day to send the premium upgrade request form to UKVI? does it need to be sent everyday by 8am or so? someone just told me that the request email should go by 8am to the HO and then they pick the first 5 requests to upgrade. can you confirm as I am looking to request for the upgrade?

saj626

Post by saj626 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:37 pm

As per UKVI guidance
Only 5 application accepted between 8am to 12 noon.
Monday to Thursday.

Many thanks

baba_baba

Post by baba_baba » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:22 pm

Hi saj626,

Thanks for your reply, I have spoken to them. They have received my request and processing it and said that they are still waiting for the application to be arrived at the Premium office. They apologised for the delay, but I don't know why the office takes long to send the application form.

Thank you.

shark118
Newly Registered

Post by shark118 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:39 am

Dear baba_baba,

How you have spoken to them (PU team)? My upgrade application has been rejected without any explanation so want to find out why but no contact details. Would you be able to let me know how you contacted them please?

baba_baba

Post by baba_baba » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:02 am

Hi shark118,

Sorry, I meant to say that I contacted them. I used the following email

PremiumUpgrade@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Thanks

shark118
Newly Registered

Post by shark118 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:08 am

Hi baba_baba,

Thanks for your reply. I have also replied to the email address to ask about the reason why my application has been rejected but they never responded. might be the different case from yours then. Thanks for letting me know anyway.

baba_baba

Post by baba_baba » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:45 pm

shark118 wrote:Hi baba_baba,

Thanks for your reply. I have also replied to the email address to ask about the reason why my application has been rejected but they never responded. might be the different case from yours then. Thanks for letting me know anyway.
Hi Shak118,

I am quite sure that they check every single emails, did you check whether your type of application qualify for Premium upgrade.

Thanks

shark118
Newly Registered

Post by shark118 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:52 pm

Hi baba_baba,

I have finally got a response from PU team and they said my application has been processed by another department within the organisation and it is already in the process of being decided. However it was already a couple of weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet...

ILR2015-2016

Post by ILR2015-2016 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:16 pm

shark118 wrote:Hi baba_baba,

I have finally got a response from PU team and they said my application has been processed by another department within the organisation and it is already in the process of being decided. However it was already a couple of weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet...

Hi Shark118,

I also applied for premium upgrade however they rejected saying My application is not eligible for an upgrade.When did you post your application?