ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SSR via austria,

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

goran.r58
Newly Registered

SSR via austria,

Post by goran.r58 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:26 am

Hi
I am British citizen and my wife non EU, we are in Poland now as she has tourist visa only to Poland for one month. I am thinking doing the SSR in Austria, does she have any problem if she apply for resident card there when she doesn’t have visa to enter Austria? Presume, I have job and address there.
Thanks for your help in advance

noajthan

Re: SSR via austria,

Post by noajthan » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:58 am

goran.r58 wrote:Hi
I am British citizen and my wife non EU, we are in Poland now as she has tourist visa only to Poland for one month. I am thinking doing the SSR in Austria, does she have any problem if she apply for resident card there when she doesn’t have visa to enter Austria? Presume, I have job and address there.
What do you mean by SSR?
- social services registration or Surinder Singh route or ??

Where do you reside? Poland or Austria?
If it is Poland what is the connection to Austria?

What do you mean "presume..there" - do you or don't you reside & have job? (where?)
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

goran.r58
Newly Registered

Post by goran.r58 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:25 pm

noajthan wrote:
goran.r58 wrote:Hi
What do you mean by SSR?
- social services registration or Surinder Singh route or ??

Where do you reside? Poland or Austria?
If it is Poland what is the connection to Austria?

What do you mean "presume..there" - do you or don't you reside & have job? (where?)

I mean Surinder singh route.
I reside in Poland but plan to move to Austria nest week with my wife (but my wife doesn't have visa to Austria ).
I have a place to move in and job to start when I move to Austria.
so my question is, do I have any problem under the directive to apply for resident card for my wife in Austria?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:32 pm

goran.r58 wrote:I mean Surinder singh route.
I reside in Poland but plan to move to Austria nest week with my wife (but my wife doesn't have visa to Austria ).
I have a place to move in and job to start when I move to Austria.
so my question is, do I have any problem under the directive to apply for resident card for my wife in Austria?
Rozh-bash.
Makes more sense now.

Should be no problem, the Directive is your friend here.

Does your wife have any valid Schengen visa?

Anyway, even if not, it should be possible with a little patience and preparation.
See:
https://eumovement.wordpress.com/2010/0 ... to-travel/

Once you have settled down in Austria (and have the necessary documentation) you can apply for wife's optional RC.
You will have a 3 months grace period in the new country anyway.

Get up to speed on free movement here:
http://ec.europa.eu/justice/citizen/doc ... 013_en.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

mgb

Post by mgb » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:53 am

The family member of a eu citizen don't need a visa for staying or crossing borders inside the schengen area if accompanied by the eu citizen.
The grace period in Austria is 4 month for applying for the residence certificate of the eu citizen and the residence card of the family member.
Grace period for the registration of the address of residence is 4 working days if it is not a hotel or guesthouse.

goran.r58
Newly Registered

Post by goran.r58 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:39 pm

hi
thanks for your earlier replies .
(zor sopas noajthan)
I have already registered for my address and my wife’s address (as they didn’t look at her visa no issue so far)
I start working from 4/07/2016 and applied for my resident certificate. when I mentioned my wife that hasn’t got a visa for Austria, they guy told me she should go back to Poland and apply for Schengen visa to be legalise and apply for her resident card. I have explained under the directive that she doesn’t need one. although he wasn’t firm on his option but still insist that she need a visa to apply for resident card I haven’t applied for her yet, how can I approach it?
I have a summary and full text of MRAX decision and a report by university of Salzburg about the free movement in 2009 which explain how someone (family memeber of EU/EEA from third country )can get resident even if they haven’t got a visa in Austria but an Austrian's family member from third country can’t.
Any advices?

Member of Standing

Post by member » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:32 am

Did her passport get stamped when she entered Austria?
How long is she allowed to stay in Austria before having the recidence card?

mgb

Post by mgb » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:46 am

mgb

Post by mgb » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:20 am

Here is a pdf of the application form:
http://www.bmi.gv.at/cms/BMI_Niederlass ... rmular.pdf

See section Zusatz für Aufhaltskarte

3.) Zum Nachweis des Rechts sind folgende Unterlagen vorzulegen (im Original und in Kopie):

A visa is not mentioned in the precondition part of the application form.