ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NQF level 4

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tuzixiong
Newly Registered

NQF level 4

Post by tuzixiong » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:57 pm

I get the visa before 06/04/2014, PSW 50 K. now I want to renew visa. my solicitor told me that I need not follow my work above NQF level 4 at company. is it correct ?

Legal83

Re: NQF level 4

Post by Legal83 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:37 pm

if your solicitor saying, you don't need to be at NQF level 4 level business on 50k route, then you need to change your solicitor. Actually check his qualifications He might be a front man for so called solicitors.

tuzixiong
Newly Registered

Post by tuzixiong » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:57 pm

however, i also can not find this in the new guidance

uzzal13

Post by uzzal13 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:37 am

YES u can invest money to any other business and claim point whatever it is lower or upper level. NQF level does not matter after u getting ur initial E visa(50k). Lot of members r confused here about this tropic.
Its not my opinion, export got the prove and evidence.
Last week i been to one of the London based law farm called xxxxxxx and paid them £420 and consulted with them about same tropic. they told me yes and shown me about home office letter and it clearly said Yes.

Piyaji4200
Mood:

Post by Piyaji4200 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:42 am

Did they give you copy of this letter , if yes can you share with us please .. They should give you proof if you spend £420 ??
Thanks

branch139
Newly Registered

Post by branch139 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:55 pm

uzzal13 wrote:YES u can invest money to any other business and claim point whatever it is lower or upper level. NQF level does not matter after u getting ur initial E visa(50k). Lot of members r confused here about this tropic.
Last week i been to one of the London based law farm called xxxxxxx and paid them £420 and consulted with them about same tropic. they told me yes and shown me about home office letter and it clearly said Yes.

sorry, but I don't think this is possible.

I got visa PSW 50K . and I got my business above NQF Level 4. invested 50k and all requirement is done but business in the loss and first years didn't do any business so really worried about the extension.
but I got my second business and it's not above NQF Level 4. its just buy and sell, like Retail. invested over 150K. my 1-year sell is 300K paid VAT and all taxes. been to so many lawyers but they said I can't use my second Company for Visa.

if this is possible then my problem is solved.

babaty2k02
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by babaty2k02 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:08 pm

branch139 wrote:
uzzal13 wrote:YES u can invest money to any other business and claim point whatever it is lower or upper level. NQF level does not matter after u getting ur initial E visa(50k). Lot of members r confused here about this tropic.

sorry, but I don't think this is possible.

I got visa PSW 50K . and I got my business above NQF Level 4. invested 50k and all requirement is done but business in the loss and first years didn't do any business so really worried about the extension.
but I got my second business and it's not above NQF Level 4. its just buy and sell, like Retail. invested over 150K. my 1-year sell is 300K paid VAT and all taxes. been to so many lawyers but they said I can't use my second Company for Visa.

if this is possible then my problem is solved.

As an entrepreneur, you could be involved in as many business as possible, all in profit, or some in profit/loss. The requirement for investment is specific on you having invested the money shown in initial application into ONE OR MORE BUSINESS (whether initial business used or a new business). There is no special point to be awarded for a business making profit (or points deduction for Loss), or having a high or low sales. Its all about showing that you've invested the said money in a UK Business.

So, YES you can use the second company.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:16 pm

For a Post Study Worker applying for the first time, the NQF Level 4 requirement has to be met, but ones successful, it does not need to be met for future applications. Only the initial application requires this and not extension.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Satinder25

Post by Satinder25 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:48 am

As far as the Policy Guidance says , it has to under the SOC code Level 4 or above. The SOC codes can have related job titles but not the occupation.

Please can you prove that in the HO guidance of the above mentioned statement of yours.

Thanks in advance
Passion

branch139
Newly Registered

Post by branch139 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:19 am

Is that anyone extended visa with retail if their first visa with PSW 50K ??

Gurus help needed

I had my ENterpreneur visa with 50K . I did investment and all requirement but not strong as my second company.

the second company is with 300K sales and VAT Registered business but everyone said I can't extend visa with retail.

I know I can do 2 or more business but for visa extension can I use the retail business. ??

I been to 3 different lawyers and they all said maintain management company . you have to use the management company for visa extension,

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:25 am

Satinder25 wrote:As far as the Policy Guidance says , it has to under the SOC code Level 4 or above. The SOC codes can have related job titles but not the occupation.

Please can you prove that in the HO guidance of the above mentioned statement of yours.

Thanks in advance
Both the guidance and the rules, made clear that if your previous leave was as a PSW mI grant, then that condition applies.

The consequence is that it does not apply to people who has Tier 1 E visa and are seeking extension. Only applies to those who are making first time application from PSW.

babaty2k02
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by babaty2k02 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:44 am

branch139 wrote:Is that anyone extended visa with retail if their first visa with PSW 50K ??

Gurus help needed

I had my ENterpreneur visa with 50K . I did investment and all requirement but not strong as my second company.

the second company is with 300K sales and VAT Registered business but everyone said I can't extend visa with retail.

I know I can do 2 or more business but for visa extension can I use the retail business. ??

I been to 3 different lawyers and they all said maintain management company . you have to use the management company for visa extension,
Answer these questions:

Are you a named director in this company (retail company)?
Is the company registered with companies house?
Do you file necessary returns with companies house and HMRC?
Have you invested at least £50,000 in this company (or any other companies since you got your Tier 1 E visa?
Have you created at least 2 full time jobs in this comapany?
....(and many other questions, etc etc)

If the answers to each the above is Yes, then YES YES...and YES, you can use this company (and your other company) for your Tier 1 E Extension. Except there is a specific reason you have not written here that those your lawyers could see that they asked you to maintain the management company..

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:25 am

There is nothing that prevent the retail company from being use, unless it is black listed somehow, or has directors who have been blacklisted by company house .

babaty2k02
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by babaty2k02 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:54 am

Obie wrote:There is nothing that prevent the retail company from being use, unless it is black listed somehow, or has directors who have been blacklisted by company house .

Exactly my view, and if not then I don't know what or why the lawyers are advising otherwise

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:59 am

They may be confused as the PBS requirements are very complex and contains lots of pedantic stuff .

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:05 am

It is worth noting that table 4 of Appendix A is what applies to New Tier 1 E applicant.

Table 5 Is what applies to extention for holder of Tier 1 E.

Therefore if the lawyers had focused their minds on those facts, it would have been clear to them that the NQF level 4 requirement was inapplicable to your case.

babaty2k02
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by babaty2k02 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:02 pm

Obie wrote:It is worth noting that table 4 of Appendix A is what applies to New Tier 1 E applicant.

Table 5 Is what applies to extention for holder of Tier 1 E.

Therefore if the lawyers had focused their minds on those facts, it would have been clear to them that the NQF level 4 requirement was inapplicable to your case.

....and Table 6 for ILR

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:03 pm

Absolutely. As we are not dealing with ILR, I did not deem it necessary or appropriate to mention table 6.