ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR but didn't initially register for WRS

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

KatePoole
Newly Registered

PR but didn't initially register for WRS

Post by KatePoole » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:14 am

I have a few questions and I hope someone will advice me on:
1/ I am polish and came to UK in january 2006. I worked for 2 months with company1 but didn't register WRS.
After 2 months I changed employer and registered WRS. I stayed with this employer for 6 years.
Because I didn't register with first employer - will it affect my application?

cheers

noajthan

Re: PR but didn't initially register for WRS

Post by noajthan » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:24 am

To avoid confusion & jumbled responses, I have moved your question to its own thread (this one).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

KatePoole
Newly Registered

Post by KatePoole » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:18 am

KatePoole wrote:I have a few questions and I hope someone will advice me on:
1/ I am polish and came to UK in january 2006. I worked for 2 months with company1 but didn't register WRS.
After 2 months I changed employer and registered WRS. I stayed with this employer for 6 years.

cheers
anyone can help?

KatePoole
Newly Registered

Re: EEA (PR) application - Didn't register before WRS ended

Post by KatePoole » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:07 pm

Hi, I have similar situation. I wondered if my application will be still accepted as I worked for 2 first months after I came to UK withouth WRS. Straight after this I started working and applied for WRS and worked there for 6 years. Any ideas?
really appreciate ;)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:23 pm

KatePoole wrote:I have a few questions and I hope someone will advice me on:

cheers
If you are fortunate it may be treated as a late registration and accepted from date of certificate.

KatePoole
Newly Registered

Post by KatePoole » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:29 pm

thank you for ur reply.
The WRS is issued for my 2nd employer - there is his name and address and date when is valid from.
I have been working in UK for 10 years now. Do you think the lack of the first WRS may be a reason to refuse my application? Or I am just panicking?
thanks ;)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:38 pm

KatePoole wrote:thank you for ur reply.
The WRS is issued for my 2nd employer - there is his name and address and date when is valid from.
I have been working in UK for 10 years now. Do you think the lack of the first WRS may be a reason to refuse my application? Or I am just panicking?
thanks ;)
Yes it is scary. Dealing with that monster form and thoughts of refusal certainly make you realise you are 'alive'.

It may be a reason for refusal.
But I seem to recall some members have reported they were treated as a late registration. You can search in the forum to see if you can find their cases.

It would be more of a problem if you had registered for first employer then changed employer (inside 12 months) and not registered with the second employer. That's a definite #fail.

Worst case: your PR clock will have started (as a worker) in May 2011 when WRS was terminated.

KatePoole
Newly Registered

Permanent Residency Form for EEA member - Section 9

Post by KatePoole » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:48 pm

Hello there,
I am EEA member and came here in january 2006. I am applying for PR EEA. I would need some help with section 9:
In 'A: Details of the relevant EEA national’s activity' - do I need to write all my activities from the date when I arrived untill TODAY?
In 'B:
9.16 If, at any point during the accession period, you worked without holding one
of the documents listed in the table above, why was this?
- Exempt or not otherwise required to register/obtain authorisation – go to 9.17
- Worked without permission – go to 9.18'

So looks like I worked without permission for first 2 months when I arrived in Uk. Shall I admit it in the form?

I really appreciate your help xxx

boloney

Post by boloney » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:23 am

Kate I done the form for my friend lately and In section 9 I have only listed activity relevant to his application,bas he never registeed with WRS I only listed his last employer from 2010 until now and explained that he should have Archieved PR between May 2011 and May 2016
I also ignored 9.16 as it was't relevant to his case in my opinion.
We will see what they will say.

ciguena123
Newly Registered

Post by ciguena123 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:20 pm

Hi,
My story is similar. I'm a Polish national too and I first worked in the UK Jan-Nov 2005 and didn't register with WRS. Then I went back home for several months and came back in Jul 2006 and have been here ever since exercising my Treaty rights as a worker. In Jul 2006 I registered with WRS (which was granted in Sep 2006) and was working for that employer for 13 months.
I applied for my DCPR in Mar 2016 and in the section 9.18 (I think) I stated that I had a job without having my WRS. It didn't have a negative impact on my application as I received my permanent residence card on 29/Jun/16.
Good luck with your application!

1kiril
BANNED

Post by 1kiril » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:41 pm

It won't. I was like 6 months late. That time just won't count towards qualifying period so it's not even worth mentioning.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:03 pm

Just curious. Can you use the most recent 5 year period to apply for PR? I think that the WRS ended in April 2011, would you be able to use April 2011 to April 2016 (or even slightly later)?

marioheir
Newly Registered

Post by marioheir » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:57 pm

Hi I'm Polish citizen
My Timeline of activity is following
I came in 1997 as a student then in 2001 I was working as self employed till 2006
Then I took full time contract but didn't registered with WRS CARD as I my employer never asked for
Now I want to apply for EEA PR but don't know what shall I put in section 9.14 and 9.16 of this application where it ask for all this information
can you please advise
Kind regards