ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA (PR) - question about family member

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bertuzzist
Newly Registered
Aruba

EEA (PR) - question about family member

Post by bertuzzist » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:42 am

Hello

As a EEA qualified person I am about to apply for a EEA (PR) card.
I would like to include my wife in the application (EEA national) - quick question: since she has always been a dependant of mine can I be considered her sponsor (ie she has never worked nor has looked for a job)? If so do I have to complete sections 2 and 11? Or the fact she has lived for more than 5 years in the UK now is enough?

Thank you in advance

noajthan

Re: EEA (PR) - question about family member

Post by noajthan » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:36 pm

bertuzzist wrote:Hello

As a EEA qualified person I am about to apply for a EEA (PR) card.
I would like to include my wife in the application (EEA national) - quick question: since she has always been a dependant of mine can I be considered her sponsor (ie she has never worked nor has looked for a job)? If so do I have to complete sections 2 and 11? Or the fact she has lived for more than 5 years in the UK now is enough?

Thank you in advance
Yes, if you have at least 5 years of marriage, and wife has been in UK at same time as you for 5 years (cohabitation is not mandatory under EU law), then go for it.
(Assuming no prolonged absences from UK).

You don't need section 2 as you are the main applicant.
The form is oddly worded but it seems you need section 11 (and a whole bunch of others).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

bertuzzist
Newly Registered
Aruba

Re: EEA (PR) - question about family member

Post by bertuzzist » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:42 pm

thanks for this