ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 visa refusal

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tamer
Newly Registered

Tier 2 visa refusal

Post by Tamer » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:04 pm

I had a premium appointment for tier 2 visa today, which was refused.
The COS showed that the labour market test was performed, job advertised on more than web site, including jobcentre plus. All dates and job reference number were mentioned, but was refused as there is a specific reference for jobcentre plus which was not there. They called the HR who couldn't find this reference !
I was told I can seek administrative review if I get this reference.
My current visa expires in September and they took my BRP

Please advice:
- Can I have my BRP back ? are they supposed to take it ?
- If I have to apply with another COS, how can I apply without a BRP?
- Do you advice seeking the AR if I get this reference number?
- I have a colleague who applied with the same COS and it was accepted !

Member of Standing

Re: Tier 2 visa refusal

Post by member » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:51 pm

Did they explain why your BRP was taken?

KyleBG89
Newly Registered

Post by KyleBG89 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:07 am

May I ask what was this specific reference number on the job post they were asking for? I'll be going through the same shortly and would like to have all bases covered.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:57 am

What type of visa are you on at the moment? The one that will expire in September

Are you changing jobs or working for the same employer?
Just trying to get more information from you.

Was the application denied or was inconclusive?

A friend went for premium appointment recently, his application was inconclusive, so they held on to his BRP and passports. He received a letter 1 week later to confirm that his application was successful and he got his passport and a new BRP after another week or so.

If all they require is a reference number from the job advert, then try and locate the number and then do the administrative review. The application will most likely be successful.
if you think the HR made a mistake in the job adverts and could not provide any reference number, then you might have to go through the process again.
The HO have started holding on to BRP and passports of denied applications for sometime now. Were you given your passport back?
if yes, then you can contact HO and request that your BRP be returned.
But if both BRP and passport were withheld. then it's a delebrate action.

As it stands, you have three months to resolve the issue. Get your BRP back and make a fresh application or locate the required reference number and ask for admnistrative review.

You might also need to consult a lawyer at this stage. You dont want your visa to run out while HO is holding on to it. ( I dont mean to scare you) but to encourage you to take action quickly.

I will you all the best.

Tamer
Newly Registered

Post by Tamer » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:08 am

My current visa is a tier 2 visa.
I am changing my employer.
The application was refused, gave me back the passport and kept the BRP
The job was advertised on a website with a universal reference number , it was also put on the job centre plus, which has the same reference and a specific ID number for the job centre, that is the missing one
The HO contacted the HR, but they didn't have the reference number, said they will try to get on Monday. He said you can do admintrative review if I get the number.
How can I get my BRP if I need to do a new application ? And how long that can take ?
I am supposed to start my job in 4 weeks, do you think the adminstrative review can resolve this before 4 weeks, or I d better get a new COS and a fresh application?

Many thanks

koolo00
Newly Registered

Post by koolo00 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:45 am

Hello
I was wondering if you managed to find the job ID reference? I'm in a similar situation