ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No WRS for part-time work during full-time studies an issue?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Happyendless
Newly Registered

No WRS for part-time work during full-time studies an issue?

Post by Happyendless » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:19 am

I am currently applying for EEA Permanent Residency with the aim of gaining British Citizenship.

I am an EEA A8 national who has lived in the UK since 2008. Between 2008 and 2011 I was a full-time student and undertook occasional part time work for no more than 2 months a year. I had obtained National Insurance Numbercard and the income from the two jobs (not exceeding £6k over 3 year period) was declared with HMRC via PAYE scheme. I was not aware of workers registration scheme at the time the part-time jobs were undertaken. Between 2011 and now I have been exercising my treaty rights as a person working full-time so I would be applying for PR during this qualifying period.

My questions are as follows:

1) Does the fact that I was involved in part-time work not registered with WRS outside of my 5 year qualification period going to have an impact on the likelihood of successfully acquiring PR?

2) Since the part-time work was irregular, short and relatively insignificant (hours/pay) should I simply omit it from the application (activity in the UK since arrival and WRS sections) not to draw attention to something that should not be relevant as it falls outside the qualification period anyways? If I understand it correctly even if that 3 year period was inside of my qualifying period i would still qualify since I exercised my treaty rights as a student? So I understand this is more of a question of good character rather than qualifying? Or should I include the part-time work in the activity section and declare that work was not registered with WRS due to a regretful oversight (should I have known about WRS at the time I would have registered)?

I have tried to contact Home Office call centre regarding this and their suggestions varied from person to person which was not very helpful.

Your advice would be much appreciated!

noajthan

Re: No WRS for part-time work during full-time studies an is

Post by noajthan » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:31 pm

Happyendless wrote:I am currently applying for EEA Permanent Residency with the aim of gaining British Citizenship.

I am an EEA A8 national who has lived in the UK since 2008. Between 2008 and 2011 I was a full-time student and undertook occasional part time work for no more than 2 months a year. I had obtained National Insurance Numbercard and the income from the two jobs (not exceeding £6k over 3 year period) was declared with HMRC via PAYE scheme. I was not aware of workers registration scheme at the time the part-time jobs were undertaken. Between 2011 and now I have been exercising my treaty rights as a person working full-time so I would be applying for PR during this qualifying period.

My questions are as follows:

1) Does the fact that I was involved in part-time work not registered with WRS outside of my 5 year qualification period going to have an impact on the likelihood of successfully acquiring PR?

2) Since the part-time work was irregular, short and relatively insignificant (hours/pay) should I simply omit it from the application (activity in the UK since arrival and WRS sections) not to draw attention to something that should not be relevant as it falls outside the qualification period anyways? If I understand it correctly even if that 3 year period was inside of my qualifying period i would still qualify since I exercised my treaty rights as a student? So I understand this is more of a question of good character rather than qualifying? Or should I include the part-time work in the activity section and declare that work was not registered with WRS due to a regretful oversight (should I have known about WRS at the time I would have registered)?

I have tried to contact Home Office call centre regarding this and their suggestions varied from person to person which was not very helpful.

Your advice would be much appreciated!
Not a biggie.
There is no concept of good character for DCPR.

1) No

2) Suggest declare it as an activity in appropriate question/s but focus on your qualifying period (2011-2016).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

boloney

Re: No WRS for part-time work during full-time studies an is

Post by boloney » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:02 pm

My friend is in the same shoes. I was filling up his form, I have't mention the work outside his qualifying period as it should't be relevant.