ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Advice me - Divorce case

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sk03002523980
Newly Registered

Please Advice me - Divorce case

Post by sk03002523980 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:21 am

Hello everyone,

I need advice regarding my case I got married in Feb 2014 and got first stamp 4 EUFAM in April and then further five-year extension in October 2014.
We lived togeather about one year and because of some personal issues we separated. Unfortunately, we are not able sorted out our issue.
this morning I got Divorce cert from her which she sent me from her country ( Baltic state ). Now I have few questions from the experts.

1. I have visa till 2019 should I have to inform authorities about changing my status?

2. what possible action they take on me?

3. if I do not inform the authorities what's the consequences of that?

4. if I inform them about my divorce then is there any way to remain my Legal status in Ireland ?

I am living in Ireland since 2007 I was on stamp 2 till 2014 and i never been illegal in this country never been claim any single benefits . just paying taxes in last nine years

Please, can anyone give me best possible advice in this case? Thanks a lot.

Member of Standing

Re: Please Advice me - Divorce case

Post by member » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:51 am

When did she leave Ireland?

sk03002523980
Newly Registered

Post by sk03002523980 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:55 am

member wrote:When did she leave Ireland?
She still living in ireland . but she did not share with me her details but i know she living here and she working for someone as child minder cash in hand basis but for sure she is here she only sent me a divorce from her country because its quicker then ireland

gorgeous
Ireland

Post by gorgeous » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:15 pm

Well, according to the Irish Immigration, for you to be granted with a Stamp 5 you need to be at least 3 years together. I think if you separate before the 3 years, they won't let you stay here. If she hadn't divorced you, you could still be living here with no worries. However, I think the best option in your cause is to try to find a lawyer and get a legal advice because there might be a light in the end of the tunnel for you. I wish you all the best and hope you can sort this out!

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:41 pm

sk03002523980 wrote:Hello everyone,

I need advice regarding my case I got married in Feb 2014 and got first stamp 4 EUFAM in April and then further five-year extension in October 2014.
We lived togeather about one year and because of some personal issues we separated. Unfortunately, we are not able sorted out our issue.
this morning I got Divorce cert from her which she sent me from her country ( Baltic state ). Now I have few questions from the experts.

1. I have visa till 2019 should I have to inform authorities about changing my status?

2. what possible action they take on me?

3. if I do not inform the authorities what's the consequences of that?

4. if I inform them about my divorce then is there any way to remain my Legal status in Ireland ?

I am living in Ireland since 2007 I was on stamp 2 till 2014 and i never been illegal in this country never been claim any single benefits . just paying taxes in last nine years

Please, can anyone give me best possible advice in this case? Thanks a lot.
1) It may not be mandatory to advise the authorities.

2) If authorities become aware of your change in circumstances you may be invited to leave the country unless you have some other basis on which to remain. For example a retained right of residence.

3) You may be in the country with no basis to reside or work (unless you have some other basis on which to remain).

4) Look into confirming a retained right of residence; (however, under EU law, that is based on a minimum of 3 years of marriage and one year living in the country at same time as wife).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

lemia
Newly Registered

Post by lemia » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:39 pm

It may be mandatory to inform the authority of a change in circumstance