ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When did Yellow Registration Certificate expire?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

salmintin

When did Yellow Registration Certificate expire?

Post by salmintin » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:06 pm

Hello

I had a Yellow Registration Certificate when I was a student. But it's unclear when it expired. I'm an EU2 national btw and I received the yellow card in 2011 (before 20/06). I graduated in June 2013.

It makes sense to expire the moment I finished my studies, because it was given to me in the quality of student. However I remember reading somewhere on this forum that it's still valid for 4 months after you graduate.

If not, when exactly did it expire? Did it expire the moment I finished university? Or did it expire on the date that is written on the graduation diploma (which was given to me a few weeks after finishing university).

salmintin

Re: When did Yellow Registration Certificate expire?

Post by salmintin » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:31 pm

Bump :)

Any thoughts? Experiences? I tried to find an answer online and in their official documentation but there is no mention of any expiration date.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:48 pm

Its not clear but, at the time the need for yellow cards ended, the still pending applicants appear to have been issued with RCs (which have a 5 year life).
So if not everlasting then yellow cards may have a 5 year life. Or , as you suggest, they may have 'expired' when the reason for issue had ended.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

alexxy
Newly Registered

Post by alexxy » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:09 pm

If you want to apply for Permanent Residence Card using your yellow card, it really doesn't matter when or whether it expires. You only use the date you acquired it !