ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Hope to move to FL later but visiting first. What can I do?

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

afleur
Newly Registered

Hope to move to FL later but visiting first. What can I do?

Post by afleur » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:59 pm

I am a UK citizen married to a US citizen and we currently live in the UK together. We are visiting family in Florida at the end of this year and I'm wondering if there's anything I should do while I am over there to help us in the future. We hope to move to the US together in the next few years but if there's anything we can start setting up now we will. Any ideas welcome!

PS: I am really in the preliminary planning stages so I will research as much as possible about this, but just thought it might be nice to see what people think first. :)

naazz

Re: Hope to move to FL later but visiting first. What can I

Post by naazz » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:09 am

what exactly is your question??? are you saying you want to go on a visit to USA and want to stay there and settle down and what you can do to achieve that???

well first of all if you are married to a US citizen first thing you can do is get a settlement visa, very simple!!!and you will get your greencard straight away. whats the issue??? the fact that you are hesitating and looking for a sneak way is kinda suspicious.

afleur wrote:I am a UK citizen married to a US citizen and we currently live in the UK together. We are visiting family in Florida at the end of this year and I'm wondering if there's anything I should do while I am over there to help us in the future. We hope to move to the US together in the next few years but if there's anything we can start setting up now we will. Any ideas welcome!

PS: I am really in the preliminary planning stages so I will research as much as possible about this, but just thought it might be nice to see what people think first. :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Hope to move to FL later but visiting first. What can I

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:26 am

naazz wrote:what exactly is your question??? are you saying you want to go on a visit to USA and want to stay there and settle down and what you can do to achieve that???

well first of all if you are married to a US citizen first thing you can do is get a settlement visa, very simple!!!and you will get your greencard straight away. whats the issue??? the fact that you are hesitating and looking for a sneak way is kinda suspicious.
You are misunderstanding what the OP has asked and your response is quite disrespectful and assuming.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gimli
Newly Registered
Wales

Re: Hope to move to FL later but visiting first. What can I do?

Post by gimli » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:24 pm

Hi, If you dont mind me asking, how did you get on with this. We are in the same position, my wife is a US citizen living here in the UK. We are hoping to move to the US over the next 2-3 years (or sooner if possible). My big question is if you got the settlement visa and green card, was there a time limit before you had to move out there, would it matter if it took 2 years for example.

Cheers for any advice you can offer

Ceri