ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SAR not processed

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AbuZayd
Newly Registered

SAR not processed

Post by AbuZayd » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:08 am

Hi there,

I have applied for a SAR a few weeks ago and it got rejected for lack of "Proof of the subject's identity including any Home Office file reference numbers". I had given them copies of my current passport and driving license. As far as I know, I have never been given any HO reference number as I have never had any correspondence with them. I am French and entered UK in Dover (on an old passport which I haven't got anymore).

I explained that to them in a letter after the rejection but didn't get any replies.

What should I do?

With thanks.

Member of Standing

Re: SAR not processed

Post by member » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:17 am

Are you able to prvoide them the old passport No.?
What is the purpose of getting SAR?
What period of immigration history do you request?

AbuZayd
Newly Registered

Post by AbuZayd » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:49 am

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure whether I've still got my old passport number, but I will check in my archives. Do you think it would suffice them?

I need it to check my time out of UK for ILR.

Since 2011.

Best

AbuZayd
Newly Registered

Post by AbuZayd » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:39 pm

bump

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:45 pm

They may just not have anything on record for you as you're an EEA citizen. Suggest you give them all old pp numbers you can find and see what comes back.
Also, if you are French you should be applying for PR, not ILR.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:46 pm

If you are re-submitting a SAR, please also be aware of the following requirement in force from 11th July 2016:

"From the 11th July 2016 all requests for a standard Subject Access Request must include a copy of photo identification which must also be certified by a solicitor with the words “I certify that this is a true likeness of Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms [full name]” and include the name and signature of the solicitor making the declaration and the date the declaration was signed."
(from SAR form)

One more administrative hurdle... :shock: :roll:
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

AbuZayd
Newly Registered

Post by AbuZayd » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:21 pm

Thanks for the replies.

Do you think it is possible my exits and re-entries aren't on record?

They just said they needed a HO reference number to be able to identify me (and I'm pretty sure I haven't been given any).