ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU citizen minor -DCPR before naturalisation?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

heath2006

EU citizen minor -DCPR before naturalisation?

Post by heath2006 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:27 pm

Hi,
Does my EU child have to hold a document showing permanent residence before naturalisation or does this only apply to adults? He was born in the UK but I (EU citizen) did not qualify for PR at the time of birth.
Thanks

noajthan

Re: EU citizen minor -DCPR before naturalisation?

Post by noajthan » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:31 pm

heath2006 wrote:Hi,
Does my EU child have to hold a document showing permanent residence before naturalisation or does this only apply to adults? He was born in the UK but I (EU citizen) did not qualify for PR at the time of birth.
Thanks
Minors register instead of naturalising.

No, your UK-born child does not have to acquire PR.
When one parent has settled status (PR) your child is entitled to register as a citizen under section 1(3) of BNA; use form MN1.

Or, if you don't have settled status, he may be registered as a citizen after first 10 years of life in UK under section 1(4) of BNA; form T.

See also forum FAQs:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1343774
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.