ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa on UK Visit Visa & Return

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

naveena11
Newly Registered

Schengen Visa on UK Visit Visa & Return

Post by naveena11 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:12 am

Hi All,

Quick question.

My parents from India are here in the UK at the moment on a 2 year visit visa (reached here a couple of weeks ago). I am planning to apply for Schengen visa for them (from Belgium/Netherlands embassy as they are the only ones who process Schengen visa for non-UK residents) and then visit Brussels and Paris for a week.

My query is whether they will have any issue coming back to UK after the one-week visit due to the fact that a visit visa holder shouldn't be coming back to UK within six months.

Thanks

N

Member of Standing

Re: Schengen Visa on UK Visit Visa & Return

Post by member » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:42 am

How long are they going to stay in the UK before travelling to Schengen area countries?

naveena11
Newly Registered

Post by naveena11 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:14 pm

1-1/2 to 2 months in UK, then to Schengen for 2 weeks from UK, then back to UK for a couple more months.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:22 pm

naveena11 wrote:My parents from India are here in the UK at the moment on a 2 year visit visa (reached here a couple of weeks ago). I am planning to apply for Schengen visa for them (from Belgium/Netherlands embassy as they are the only ones who process Schengen visa for non-UK residents) and then visit Brussels and Paris for a week.

My query is whether they will have any issue coming back to UK after the one-week visit due to the fact that a visit visa holder shouldn't be coming back to UK within six months.
I'm not sure I've seen this rule published anywhere, but may be you can share the source if I'm mistaken.
naveena11 wrote:1-1/2 to 2 months in UK, then to Schengen for 2 weeks from UK, then back to UK for a couple more months.
What did your parents state as the duration of their visit when first entering the UK? I.e. to the IO at the UK border they entered through? At a glance, I'd say that the a total of 4 months would constitute something more than what would be normal as a visitor. The answer to my previous question may help comment further.

You may also find the HO visitor guidance below informative. https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... e_v4_0.pdf