ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit For Over 21yo Dependent Asylum Seeker

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

GoldenRatio1618
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit For Over 21yo Dependent Asylum Seeker

Post by GoldenRatio1618 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:16 pm

Hello,
After having different advices and suggestions from Solicitors I am now confused and need some advice from the people here with accurate information.

I am an asylum seeker filed my Pakistani National asylum seeker (Husband & Family as dependant in asylum application) last year which is still in process for more than a year now. I am married with 2 two kids under 4 years and living with husband. We did not apply for asylum support and were supported by family friends.

Few months ago my father moved to UK from Italy. He is an italian national and falls into the catagory of EEA National Qualified Person. He is here with the family. Now he is supporting me and my family interms of paying my and basic needs. There are no transactions at the moment or any Money Transfer proofs. But the tenancy agreement of my house is on his name.

What I want to know:
1) Being an asylum seeker, Am I eligible to apply for EEA Family Permit as a Direct Dependant?
2) If yes, How can I apply for that and what would be the process for my Husband and Kids?
3) What issues can I face for the application?
4) What would be the best way to apply?
5) What documentation am I going to need to apply? (Would appreciate as much details as possible)
6) What Depency Proofs will help to strenghten the Case?
7) Any other Minor details that I need to know for my case?

I did some googling as well. But so much information has made me more confused. Please help.

Thank you in Advance
Samira Naz

noajthan

Re: EEA Family Permit For Over 21yo Dependent Asylum Seeker

Post by noajthan » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:37 pm

GoldenRatio1618 wrote:Hello,
After having different advices and suggestions from Solicitors I am now confused and need some advice from the people here with accurate information.

I am an asylum seeker filed my Pakistani National asylum seeker (Husband & Family as dependant in asylum application) last year which is still in process for more than a year now. I am married with 2 two kids under 4 years and living with husband. We did not apply for asylum support and were supported by family friends.

Few months ago my father moved to UK from Italy. He is an italian national and falls into the catagory of EEA National Qualified Person. He is here with the family. Now he is supporting me and my family interms of paying my and basic needs. There are no transactions at the moment or any Money Transfer proofs. But the tenancy agreement of my house is on his name.

What I want to know:
1) Being an asylum seeker, Am I eligible to apply for EEA Family Permit as a Direct Dependant?
2) If yes, How can I apply for that and what would be the process for my Husband and Kids?
3) What issues can I face for the application?
4) What would be the best way to apply?
5) What documentation am I going to need to apply? (Would appreciate as much details as possible)
6) What Depency Proofs will help to strenghten the Case?
7) Any other Minor details that I need to know for my case?

I did some googling as well. But so much information has made me more confused. Please help.

Thank you in Advance
Samira Naz
1) If in UK you can't apply for a FP as it is in effect an entry visa.

2) See 1

3) See 1

4) See 1

5) See 1

6) See 1

7) See HO guidance on dependents:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... s_v3_0.pdf
- ref page 17+

Can you prove identity and family relationships?

You will need rock-solid evidence of dependency. Someone having a house in their name doesn't help you prove your financial dependency on them for your essential needs.

Not sure of implications of being an asylum seeker. I think there are rules about asylum seekers seeking to regularise their position via EU route after exhausting UK immigration options.
You will need professional advice on these vital matters.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Member of Standing

Post by member » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:53 pm

How has he been exercising his treaty rights in the UK?

GoldenRatio1618
Newly Registered

Post by GoldenRatio1618 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:25 pm

member wrote:How has he been exercising his treaty rights in the UK?
He is working in UK.

GoldenRatio1618
Newly Registered

Post by GoldenRatio1618 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:30 pm

What EEA visa can we apply if we are in the UK already??

Yes We can Prove Identity and Relationaship. (Our Passports are Expired though, My husband's passport is with the home office).

My father mostly pays me in cash, but from this month he also started paying in to my bank account through his account.

Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:20 pm

GoldenRatio1618 wrote:What EEA visa can we apply if we are in the UK already??

Yes We can Prove Identity and Relationaship. (Our Passports are Expired though, My husband's passport is with the home office).

My father mostly pays me in cash, but from this month he also started paying in to my bank account through his account.

Thanks
There are no 'visas' on EU route. Its all about treaty rights.

Status is confirmed by residence card (RC). Apply for RCs based on sponsor's activity:
https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-resid ... d/overview
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.