ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit - Coming back into UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

m_2006
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit - Coming back into UK

Post by m_2006 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:29 pm

Hello

I am an EU national, living and working the UK. My wife, a non-EU national moved over to UK in the start of this year on an EEA Family Permit. We've applied for a family member residence card (EEA - FM) for her and waiting for a decision. We have submitted her bio-metrics and have received a certificate of application.

She needs to travel out of UK in a month so we're going to request her passport back from the Home Office but not withdraw the application. Her EEA Family Permit has already expired but she's legally in the UK as her residence card application is under process.

Does anyone know if she will be allowed back into the country without a visa on the basis that her application is under progress? If she needs to get a new Family Permit; will her residence card application become void if she's applied for another EEA Family Permit? Does calling her passport back affect her application?

Additionally, if anyone's gone through a similar process, please could you let me know. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

Member of Standing

Re: EEA Family Permit - Coming back into UK

Post by member » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:13 pm

What is her nationality?

m_2006
Newly Registered

Post by m_2006 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:26 pm

Indian

Richard W
- thin ice -

Post by Richard W » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:57 pm

m_2006 wrote:Does anyone know if she will be allowed back into the country without a visa on the basis that her application is under progress?
She should be allowed back into the UK simply on the basis that she is your wife - she needs to satisfy the Immigration Officer that she is the wife of a qualified person - or you could just come back together.

The problem, however, is getting to the UK border. A surface journey together through the EU might do it, but I don't know where if anywhere an Indian would start. You would cross the UK border in France or Belgium.

I don't see any formal problem with having parallel FP and RC applications - but someone may know of an actual problem, beyond the issue of needing the same documents for both applications.

m_2006
Newly Registered

Post by m_2006 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:07 am

Richard W wrote:
m_2006 wrote:Does anyone know if she will be allowed back into the country without a visa on the basis that her application is under progress?
She should be allowed back into the UK simply on the basis that she is your wife - she needs to satisfy the Immigration Officer that she is the wife of a qualified person - or you could just come back together.
Thank you! Do you know what documents we should travel with? Trying to make sure the airlines in India let's us board as well..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:40 am

m_2006 wrote:Thank you! Do you know what documents we should travel with? Trying to make sure the airlines in India let's us board as well..
If she does not have a valid visa/residence card, the airlines won't permit her to fly.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

m_2006
Newly Registered

Post by m_2006 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:56 am

CR001 wrote:
m_2006 wrote:Thank you! Do you know what documents we should travel with? Trying to make sure the airlines in India let's us board as well..
If she does not have a valid visa/residence card, the airlines won't permit her to fly.
Okay sure, I am currently speaking to the Airlines to see if they will accept the COA for her to board the flight back. They are checking internally. Do you have any further information if applying for another FP in India will accept her EEA FM application here in London?