ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My passport is back after a month? Didn't ask for it!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tresgoya

My passport is back after a month? Didn't ask for it!

Post by tresgoya » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:52 am

Okay,

So I'm worried now. Last Monday I got an email acknowledging that my EEA PR was received from the HO.
Today I was woken up by the postman. I staggered out of bed, opened my door and there was my passport handed to me.

A note came with it, saying I requested it back. Nothing further.

The thing is I did not!

I'm worried now that maybe something is wrong with my application and that is why it was returned, but then again I kinda doubt that if they only acknowledged it on Monday they were so speedy to go through it and all.

Has anyone experienced this?

noajthan

Re: My passport is back after a month? Didn't ask for it!

Post by noajthan » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:01 am

Is it your passport?

You were wondering about geting it back.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eu-ref ... 12271.html

Maybe you had a look at the UK Gov 'return docs' website and clicked it by mistake?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

tresgoya

Post by tresgoya » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:12 am

noajthan wrote:Is it your passport?

You were wondering about geting it back.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eu-ref ... 12271.html

Maybe you had a look at the UK Gov 'return docs' website and clicked it by mistake?
Hello there,

Yes, I remember you giving me that link and I did click on it. However I stopped at the 'application details' screen as it requested all these case numbers and stuff I didn't have. So I didn't even get to the 'applicant details' field to fill out them details. So, let's say even if I clicked incorrectly on submit (which I'm 100% I did not), there is no way they could have identified my application based on the details on that online form.

I also checked the date on the letter they sent the passport with. It is the 14th of July, my application acknowledgement email was dated 13th of July.

Also my application was sent to Durham, my passport came back from Liverpool.

I'm so confused now. I think I will call and ask, just to make sure they didn't cancel my application by mistake you know..after they falsely assumed I needed my passport back..

tresgoya

Post by tresgoya » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:32 am

I phoned them. I was told they cannot check the application in the system, but that if there was no denial letter in the post, then I shouldn't worry too much about it being returned so quickly.touch wood for that.

i guess i'm just waiting for now. at least i can now travel again or if application does get refused so swiftly i can just re-apply..

could maybe the fact that i included a tracked return envelope help them to send it back more quickly?

Prince_irl

Post by Prince_irl » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:13 am

Strange :roll: :roll: :roll:
application sent...18/01/2016
paymen taken 21/01/2016
biomatics letter...03/02/2016 (dated 28/01/2016)
biomatrics given 07/02/2016
COA with work 15/02/2016
Passport back request 10/02/2016
passport back......20/02/2016
RC Arrive....4/08/2016