ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit visa of brothers refused

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

eddybaloch

Visit visa of brothers refused

Post by eddybaloch » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:42 am

Hi,
I am a British citizen. My brothers (24 and 20) applied for visit visa but their visas were refused. They applied for a two weeks Visa.

Brother A [ 24 years old]
Reasons:
1-Sponsor only has £3000 in bank account and they don't believe that he will spend 25% of his savings on your visit. [We clearly mentioned that the sponsorship was only for the ticket cost, everything else was sponsored by host in UK- no issues raised by them on host documentation. Also, we submitted employment confirmation letter monthly income of £700 and 6 months payslips of the applicant.]
2- No verified property [He had one property in his name and this was included in the application]
3- Single with no dependents

Brother B [ 20 years old]
1- Same as above
2- Education confirmation letter doesn't state an expected graduation date [He is studying chartered accountancy which is a professional qualification. This was clearly mentioned. This qualification doesn't have an end date]
3- No verified property [He doesn't have any]
4- Single with no dependents.

Any feedback or comments on what is the best route to take now?

Eddy B.

Member of Standing

Re: Visit visa of brothers refused

Post by member » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:22 am

When does brother B finish studying?

eddybaloch

Post by eddybaloch » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:40 am

Brother B has just started his Chartered Accountancy last year. It will take him about 5 more years to complete. However, he will start working in home country from next year which is a requirement as part of his chartered accountancy.

eddybaloch

Post by eddybaloch » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:01 am

Is it worth re-applying? Please help guys. This time there can be a different sponsor (around £10k in Bank) and perhaps get a better letter from the educational institute.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:17 pm

eddybaloch wrote:Is it worth re-applying? Please help guys. This time there can be a different sponsor (around £10k in Bank) and perhaps get a better letter from the educational institute.
The key to visa success in this area is 'reasons to return' - I'd concentrate on those rather than finances. Letter from tutor etc though TBH that alone isn't enough.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

eddybaloch

Post by eddybaloch » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:57 pm

Wanderer wrote:
eddybaloch wrote:Is it worth re-applying? Please help guys. This time there can be a different sponsor (around £10k in Bank) and perhaps get a better letter from the educational institute.
The key to visa success in this area is 'reasons to return' - I'd concentrate on those rather than finances. Letter from tutor etc though TBH that alone isn't enough.

So what do you suggest we can include in the application. I have got the following in my head:

->Revised letter from educational institute clearly stating that he is studying for a professional qualification which doesn't have a set graduation date. He will be appearing for his next set of examinations in March 2016.
->Letter from some tutor confirming the same
-> Printout from his chartered accountancy accounts confirming that he is studying towards the local CA.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:29 pm

eddybaloch wrote:Hi,
I am a British citizen. My brothers (24 and 20) applied for visit visa but their visas were refused. They applied for a two weeks Visa.

Brother A [ 24 years old]
Reasons:
1-Sponsor only has £3000 in bank account and they don't believe that he will spend 25% of his savings on your visit. [We clearly mentioned that the sponsorship was only for the ticket cost, everything else was sponsored by host in UK- no issues raised by them on host documentation. Also, we submitted employment confirmation letter monthly income of £700 and 6 months payslips of the applicant.]
2- No verified property [He had one property in his name and this was included in the application]
3- Single with no dependents

Brother B [ 20 years old]
1- Same as above
2- Education confirmation letter doesn't state an expected graduation date [He is studying chartered accountancy which is a professional qualification. This was clearly mentioned. This qualification doesn't have an end date]
3- No verified property [He doesn't have any]
4- Single with no dependents.

Any feedback or comments on what is the best route to take now?

Eddy B.
You've listed 3 points as reasons for your first brother, but they don't really appear to be reasons for refusal from what I can see - at least they don't appear to be so reading the wording here. Can you post the precise reasons for refusal given - removing any personal information before posting, to get a clear view of why each of them were refused. List both reasons seperately if they are different.

As far as ties to home country goes, the more the better. Anything that shows that they will return at the end of their visit. On sponsorship, if you are only sponsoring certain aspects of the trip, e.g. Flight & accommodation then that should be clearly mentioned in each of the invitation letters. The individual applicants will need to provide independent evidence of finances to support their expenses other than that.