ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Judicial Review for parent’s visit visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kundan
Newly Registered

Judicial Review for parent’s visit visa

Post by kundan » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:41 pm

We lodged a JR after refusal of visit visa for my parents. Now received a letter from HO solicitors that if they withdraw their JR then HO will reconsider their applications within 3 months and no costs will be paid.

I’m worried that if we withdraw and HO refuses once again then we don’t have any option.

Does anyone have experienced that type of situation?

Have anyone one negotiated the terms for the consent order?

Your suggestions are welcome.

Many thanks.

Member of Standing

Re: Judicial Review for parent’s visit visa

Post by member » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:48 pm

Why did their applications get refused?

What made they lodged JR?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:02 pm

Surely reapplying for a visit visa addressing whatever the refusal points were would have been substantially cheaper than JR :shock:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kundan
Newly Registered

Post by kundan » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:36 pm

last year their applications were rejected with the main reason that they didn't explain the source of one of the transaction in their bank statement. So this year they applied again. But again refused, this time the main reason given that the my dad's pension is not shown in his bank statement. Even though we mentioned in the from that since past few months, it is paid in cash. A letter from the concerned department stating the same was also provided but ECO chose to ignore.

cmsheaky
Newly Registered

Post by cmsheaky » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:22 pm

Hi kundal would you like to share your experience regarding Judicial review of your visit visa, how long does it take and how much have you spent ? I am in same situation, my mum's visit visa is refused objection V4.2 (a)(c) which means ECO's do not believe that they will come back at the end of their visa.. any suggestion regarding this visa please .

cmsheaky
Newly Registered

Post by cmsheaky » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:34 pm

kundan wrote:We lodged a JR after refusal of visit visa for my parents. Now received a letter from HO solicitors that if they withdraw their JR then HO will reconsider their applications within 3 months and no costs will be paid.

I’m worried that if we withdraw and HO refuses once again then we don’t have any option.

Does anyone have experienced that type of situation?

Have anyone one negotiated the terms for the consent order?

Your suggestions are welcome.

Many thanks.

Hi Kundan would you like to share your timeline. I am in process of going for JR . How long does it take ? I don't mind paying extraa If it is solved easily.
Thanks .

Rosh_
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by Rosh_ » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:28 pm

Hi Kundan,
May I ask for an update on your situation?
I’m looking to lodge a JR too. Would like to know the process and if it’s worth doing so. Also, interested in knowing how you got on eventually

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:56 pm

Rosh_ wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:28 pm
Hi Kundan,
May I ask for an update on your situation?
I’m looking to lodge a JR too. Would like to know the process and if it’s worth doing so. Also, interested in knowing how you got on eventually
The user has not posted since 2016. Kindly refrain from digging up old topics. It is better to start your own thread with your questions and circumstances. JR is very expensive and if you lose you pay HO's costs, hardly worth it for a visitor visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.