ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Board outage......

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Board outage......

Post by Wanderer » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:28 pm

Most of today and a large part of yesterday, workpermit.com too, somebody not paid the electric bill?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa

Re: Board outage......

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:36 pm

Ah...both sites then. Seems to have been an intermittent issue for the last 24 hours, with some moderators/members still unable to access the site. We're waiting for a response from the Board Administrator.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:32 pm

Interesting, I wasn't entirely sure the site was down. I felt at one point that it was to do with restrictions on access depending the wifi or mobile data carrier.

Though I have to say I was puzzled. I had access to 3 different networks (EE-wifi, Vodafone & three-mobile) and was able to launch the immigration boards site only over the three data connection. Only found this out inadvertently when my wifi connection dropped on my tablet and it switched to 4G three network.

And it also appeared to be fine on the Virgin network available on the tube.

dapto10

Post by dapto10 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:56 pm

Looks like a DNS problem - a change of hosting provider or wrong name servers.

I first noticed problems yesterday morning BST and it's still inaccessible through some of the major UK internet providers.

The domain showed problems in most of the countries around the world last night but the situation improved in the past 5-6 hours.

gtht

Post by gtht » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:33 pm

yeah, I found I had to change the automatic DNS setting to get on. Not sure whether I should set it back to automatic now.