ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

False DV case effect on Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

khanilr01
Newly Registered

False DV case effect on Citizenship

Post by khanilr01 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:05 am

Dear team,

Recently my wife cousin put a false allegation against me for DV on my wife. I was in police custody for few hours they interviewed me and then released on bail. My wife went to Police station and gave statement that nothing has happened and she dont want any further action. The police sent the case to CPS for guidance and CPS decided no further action. Later police called me and told me the decision and cancelled my bail conditions. During this process police has taken my finger prints and DNA sample.

Now I am due to apply for Naturalisation some time next year. Will this effect my application? I was just reading the form and there is no where its written that I need to declare if I have been arrested and not convicted.

dapto10

Re: False DV case effect on Citizenship

Post by dapto10 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:06 am

False / malicious allegations cases' DNA and fingerprints will be automatically deleted.
Police will retain your custody photo and there will be a PNC record about your arrest (and reason for arrest).

You could apply for PNC Record Deletion via NPCC / ACRO (reason being malicious / false allegations) and if your local police force's Chief Constable approves it, the PNC record of your arrest could be deleted.

I'm not sure however if the record deletion rules can be applied in your case.

khanilr01
Newly Registered

Post by khanilr01 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:40 am

Thanks for reply.

Will it effect my Naturalisation application ?

Regards

khanilr01
Newly Registered

Post by khanilr01 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:59 am

Anyone ??

khanilr01
Newly Registered

Post by khanilr01 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:09 am

Any progress on this guys ??