ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Are 12 hours enough for FP

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

logical_1

Are 12 hours enough for FP

Post by logical_1 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:21 am

Dear members,

I would like to know if 12 hours of work per week would be sufficient to get FP under S.S?
Would it also help if the non EU was also working 20 hours per week to prove that the "centre of life" has moved?

Thanks in advance.
Did u sell your soul for a mere stack?

Casa

Re: Are 12 hours enough for FP

Post by Casa » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:03 am

The non-EU partner's earnings aren't considered for the MET although it may help towards COL. Do you earn at least the equivalent of £150 per week from your 12 hours employment?

"To show they are undertaking genuine and effective work in the UK an EEA migrant will have to show that for the last 3 months they have been earning at the level at which employees start paying National Insurance. This is £150 a week – equivalent to working 24 hours a week at National Minimum Wage. An EEA migrant who has some earnings but doesn’t satisfy the minimum earnings threshold, will be assessed against a broader range of criteria to decide whether they should still be considered as a worker, or self-employed."

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/mini ... introduced
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

logical_1

Re: Are 12 hours enough for FP

Post by logical_1 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:55 pm

The EU citizen only earns 450 euros per month as its only a part time employment with about 12 hours a week.
The total combined income of the EU and Non EU citizen is about 900 Euros. If the combined income was taken into account then the 150 GBP criteria would be met.

On another note, both the EU and non EU have been resident in the host state for about 7 months. Non EU has been issued RC under article 10. Do you think they qualify for UK FP and RC?
Did u sell your soul for a mere stack?