ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

best way for short term visa for my GF?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

alanko07
Newly Registered

best way for short term visa for my GF?

Post by alanko07 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:34 am

hi ...am british and working here my GF is iranian, i knew her after working in Dubai, problem I gone back to UK after the project finished and now want to marry her but she is requesting to live with each other for 3-4 months before committing and either we do it in UK or in dubai, I can't leave my work atm here and I can't bring her as a spouse bcz she refuse to marry me till she know me better. so we opted for a visitor visa as a solution, but UK embassy requesting lots of money in her bank account. is there a way to provide something else or bring her even for 3 months classes as student in any thing? we just want to live together for 3 months .. is amazing the struggle i have to go through for 3 months visit by my GF..
any advice will be appreciated
cheers
Alan

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: best way for short term visa for my GF?

Post by Wanderer » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:44 am

alanko07 wrote:hi ...am british and working here my GF is iranian, i knew her after working in Dubai, problem I gone back to UK after the project finished and now want to marry her but she is requesting to live with each other for 3-4 months before committing and either we do it in UK or in dubai, I can't leave my work atm here and I can't bring her as a spouse bcz she refuse to marry me till she know me better. so we opted for a visitor visa as a solution, but UK embassy requesting lots of money in her bank account. is there a way to provide something else or bring her even for 3 months classes as student in any thing? we just want to live together for 3 months .. is amazing the struggle i have to go through for 3 months visit by my GF..
cheers
Alan
Err, Fiancee visa?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:50 am

As you are already aware, there is no 'girlfriend/boyfriend' visa. Here's a link to the short-term study visa, but this also requires considerable funds.
https://www.gov.uk/study-visit-visa/overview

Wanderer's suggestion of a fiance visa isn't viable and you would have to submit evidence of wedding taking place within 6 months...which your girlfriend obviously isn't ready for.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Highly_Skilled

Post by Highly_Skilled » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:10 pm

A Student visa is out of the question given that her sole intention is to come and live with you for 3 months and not actually study.

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:14 pm

Highly_Skilled wrote:A Student visa is out of the question given that her sole intention is to come and live with you for 3 months and not actually study.
Where has the OP intimated that his girlfriend doesn't intend to study while she is here?

"or bring her even for 3 months classes as student"
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

alanko07
Newly Registered

Post by alanko07 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:18 pm

Wanderer wrote:
alanko07 wrote:hi ...am british and working here my GF is iranian, i knew her after working in Dubai, problem I gone back to UK after the project finished and now want to marry her but she is requesting to live with each other for 3-4 months before committing and either we do it in UK or in dubai, I can't leave my work atm here and I can't bring her as a spouse bcz she refuse to marry me till she know me better. so we opted for a visitor visa as a solution, but UK embassy requesting lots of money in her bank account. is there a way to provide something else or bring her even for 3 months classes as student in any thing? we just want to live together for 3 months .. is amazing the struggle i have to go through for 3 months visit by my GF..
cheers
Alan
Err, Fiancee visa?
sadly there is no such a visa?
how Home office expect people to marry before knowing each other better? there should be at least a short term visa for a GF/BF .. well unless Home office encourage arranged marriages :? just marry here to try if you fit to each other or no !!

alanko07
Newly Registered

Post by alanko07 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:22 pm

Casa wrote:As you are already aware, there is no 'girlfriend/boyfriend' visa. Here's a link to the short-term study visa, but this also requires considerable funds.
https://www.gov.uk/study-visit-visa/overview

Wanderer's suggestion of a fiance visa isn't viable and you would have to submit evidence of wedding taking place within 6 months...which your girlfriend obviously isn't ready for.
exactly.. thanks for the link anyway.. i know studying will cost as well :?
is crazy now i have to move oversea .. leaving my job, kids , friends and family to try it with my GF elsewhere?!!
thanks anyway .. I knew gonna be difficult

alanko07
Newly Registered

Post by alanko07 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:25 pm

Casa wrote:
Highly_Skilled wrote:A Student visa is out of the question given that her sole intention is to come and live with you for 3 months and not actually study.
Where has the OP intimated that his girlfriend doesn't intend to study while she is here?

"or bring her even for 3 months classes as student"
tbh she don't mind study to improve her English.. I will be working, so am sure she would prefer studying during the day than sitting home alone..

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:04 am

A short term English course that may benefit her if she does agree to marry you sounds like a great idea, especially if it means she has something to do while you're at work.

alanko07
Newly Registered

Post by alanko07 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:09 pm

Noetic wrote:A short term English course that may benefit her if she does agree to marry you sounds like a great idea, especially if it means she has something to do while you're at work.
indeed that what i was thinking about

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:49 pm

The problem is that she may not get a CASS for such a short term course.

What is your current earning.

The time you met her in Dubai, she ought to have known you then, why does she need a further 3 months before agreeing to marry you.

You need to ensure that this lady is not trying to string you along.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:15 pm

We differ in opinion on this Obie. No harm in a cautious approach to potentially a life changing decision.

In the words of the 18th century English author Samuel Jonhson "Marry in haste, repent at leisure"
(Casa, not CR001)

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:30 pm

Casa wrote:We differ in opinion on this Obie. No harm in a cautious approach to potentially a life changing decision.

In the words of the 18th century English author Samuel Jonhson "Marry in haste, repent at leisure"
Interesting. I am aware that there will be wide range of opinion on this, that differs from mine significantly, and i respect this.

I suppose it is just me, but i dread the emotional difficulty i will undergo if my proposal is deferred.

But you are right that marriage is a life changing experience, and goes well beyond the emotional effect of a deferred proposal.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors