ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS Refund / Tier1 Ent to ILR

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Legal83

IHS Refund / Tier1 Ent to ILR

Post by Legal83 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:41 am

Dear Guru's

I got my tier1 extension in july, during the extension process I did complete my 10 years in UK. The day I received my extension, I applied for ILR next day at premium service and got accepted.

My Question is :

1. I have paid £400 for 2 years IHS, although next day I got ILR. will I get refund because for ILR you don't have to pay IHS?

2. If yes, to whom I should contact ?

Regards.

zimba
Mood:

Re: IHS Refund / Tier1 Ent to ILR

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:47 am

I guess you paid for two years you got on your visa before your ILR. I guess you will not be able to ask for a refund but I might be wrong. Contact UKVI helpline
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

babaty2k02
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Re: IHS Refund / Tier1 Ent to ILR

Post by babaty2k02 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:29 pm

zimba88 wrote:I guess you paid for two years you got on your visa before your ILR. I guess you will not be able to ask for a refund but I might be wrong. Contact UKVI helpline
...all applicants that got refund of IHS paid £600 ( £200 x 3 yrs), with a refund of £200. So if he paid £400 (£200 x 2 yrs), no refund should be expected. The IHS is part of the Tier 1 (Extension) application, even though he got ILR the next day.