ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport collection

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bond.boy203

Passport collection

Post by bond.boy203 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:27 pm

Hi
I have question regarding the passport delivery after naturalisation. If I have applied via JCAP after the naturalisation Ceremony passport will be delivered to my home address. Just wanted to know if it's done via secured delivery ? If I am not around will they leave something for you card ? Also can someone else collect on my behalf if I give authorisation letter ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Passport collection

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:43 pm

Mostly just popped through the post box. Mine and my daughters were put through mailbox at home.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bond.boy203

Post by bond.boy203 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:04 pm

Hi Char,
Thanks for your response but I saw few references to DX secure delivery in the various timeline thread. Does it differ from application to application.

Hola2015

Post by Hola2015 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:24 pm

bond.boy203 wrote:Hi Char,
Thanks for your response but I saw few references to DX secure delivery in the various timeline thread. Does it differ from application to application.
Passport can either be delivered by secured delivery (DX) or Royal mail. If delivery is by Royal mail, your passport will be dropped through the letter box, but if delivery is by DX; a signature will be required.

Not sure though how HMPO determined which means to use to deliver the passport

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:24 am

Hola2015 wrote:Not sure though how HMPO determined which means to use to deliver the passport
They say secure delivery is only used in places where post is more likely to go missing. One of my friends had his hand delivered, whereas mine was just posted through the letterbox.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:40 am

Hola2015 wrote:if delivery is by DX; a signature will be required.
Not sure though how HMPO determined which means to use to deliver the passport
Mine was delivered by DXSexure, dropped through my letterbox, so a signature isn't necessarily required. It depends on how secure they believe your residence letterbox is. I recall when I called DXsecure to ask whether someone would need to be in to sign for it, they said normally a signature wouldn't be needed, unless they believe it could get lost. E.g. Common or insecure letter boxes.

British Passport delivery by DXSecure is different to BRP delivery by DXSecure which requires a signature irrespective of how secure the premises letter box is.