ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Emergency contact detail on British passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Emergency contact detail on British passport

Post by seagul » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:45 pm

Hi all
I hope everyone is enjoying the hot summer before winter. But I have a question that is it mandatory to write down the emergency contact detail or next of kin on the last pages of British passport where it's asking that? If it's not written there then whether the visa officer in airport seize/stop entry into UK or penalized the person? How important is to write that? I am sure this question serve many.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

vinny

Re: Emergency contact detail on British passport

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:48 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:12 am

So it can be left blank? But if the holder wishes to write then can he give details of overseas person?
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:17 am

It can be left blank if you wish. You can write whoever yu want as a contact. The choice is yours. There is no penalty or anything if not completed.

The importance of listing someone is that the British authorities anywhere in the world know who to contact if you are traveling and something happens to you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

boloney

Post by boloney » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:25 pm

I have it blank in my passport, crossed border several times on it, nobody is looking there.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:47 pm

boloney wrote:I have it blank in my passport, crossed border several times on it, nobody is looking there.
There's no need for it.
After all its your own funeral.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.