ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry Date issue

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tshukla
Newly Registered

Entry Date issue

Post by tshukla » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:02 pm

Hi,

I am filling the ILR SET (O) form and have come across a query. I entered UK on May 9, 2010 on Tier 2 (ICT). I applied and received my Tier 1 (General) visa on October 5, 2011. Now I am applying for ILR in September 2016.

The form asks the date of entry in UK and then asks to list down the absences since the date of entry.

However, I want them to consider the 5 year continuous period from the day I got my Tier 1 (general) visa.

Should I still put the date of entry as May 9, 2010 and absences from that day? How do I make sure they only consider the absences since I got Tier 1 (General)

Thanks

anoops1984

Re: Entry Date issue

Post by anoops1984 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:02 pm

However, I want them to consider the 5 year continuous period from the day I got my Tier 1 (general) visa.
UKVI will verify your application based on the current ILR rules.
Should I still put the date of entry as May 9, 2010 and absences from that day? How do I make sure they only consider the absences since I got Tier 1 (General)
They will verify all the absences in last 5 years prior to the ILR application. If you have received your Tier 2 ICT based on the old rules and you are planning to combine both then your entry date would be May 9, 2010 otherwise Tier 1 start date I think. Please wait for others to confirm.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:07 pm

tshukla wrote:I am filling the ILR SET (O) form and have come across a query. I entered UK on May 9, 2010 on Tier 2 (ICT). I applied and received my Tier 1 (General) visa on October 5, 2011. Now I am applying for ILR in September 2016.

The form asks the date of entry in UK and then asks to list down the absences since the date of entry.

Absences are counted from your ILR application date and are only applicable for this application if they fall with your 5 year ILR residential qualifying period. Any absences before that are irrelevant and do not need to be listed in the form.

I haven't read the latest form but suspect you may be mistaken when it comes to the underlined statement. I.e. you shouldn't have to list all absences since the date you arrived if you intend to apply under the 5 year T1G category. That statement would be correct for someone who entered the UK as a T1G migrant and then directly went onto apply for ILR 5 years later.

tshukla
Newly Registered

Post by tshukla » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:43 pm

Thanks a lot Guys!!!!!