ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Late SA submission....

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Richa148
Newly Registered

Late SA submission....

Post by Richa148 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:57 pm

Hi I am new to this forum
Really looking forward for some expert advice or suggestions
I have recently applied for ILR.i have paid my corporation tax on time however I paid my SA late.though HMRC was agreed to my payment plan settlement which I have done before applying for the ILR and got Sa302.
All documents been submitted I have never done any amendments.
Now I am worried as HO was ok with sa302 and all other documents however they asked me when did I submitted as and when I paid tax. And been given 14 day to revert them back.
Now can you please suggest or advice if anyone had the same issue?

Abc499

Re: Late SA submission....

Post by Abc499 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:20 am

which route you have applied on ILR is that T1G to ILR?
if its T1G then the requirement is very much straight forward, the income you claimed HO want to see that income against your record. Corporation tax is not your tax it is the tax which the company need to pay. in HMRC company account and your personal account completely different. HO need to see the claimed amount under your account PAYE, dividend, self-em whatever it is.

you have submitted late, but its how late for how many years you have submitted now. If its for all the years and you have submitted just before ILR application and there is good amount of tax then I am afraid this will give the scenario to the case worker that you have submitted now just to get the ILR.

By the way why did you not submit earlier! did you not had UTR also did HMRC not sent you letter to submit :(

Richa148
Newly Registered

Post by Richa148 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:47 pm

Hello ABC499 thx for ur reply.
I have applied for T1G...I understand I was late for my one SA it was just I was not aware my accountant never told me about this and agreed that blaming accountant is such a foolish excuse....I was 2 year late for my sa submission ,no amendments, all paid off and no tax liability. Wondering if I will get the refusal from HO so what are the chances??...
Just looking somebody if having a same situation I M dealing with really worried waiting for HO response.

Abc499

Post by Abc499 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:12 pm

Honestly no one knows what the case worker will do, but may be they consider all the factors and then decide. Good thing they ask you about it when/why and giving a chance to say something. after you answer case worker might try to take a view that it was genuine mistake or deliberate and only submitted for ILR or not.

For T1G, usually three times need to claim points . so other two times you were in PAYE or same as director and dividend ? try to find an answer when and how did you found the error and then what is the action you took to resolve this. try to find an answer in a way that even if you not apply ILR now, still it would be update now as its updated. if there is nothing additional and only the dividend added on the return, I hope they will consider if other years in order and they happy with your explanation of the late update.

Richa148
Newly Registered

Post by Richa148 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:52 pm

Yeah....really hope CW understand the reason I explained.
Fingers crossed

Nobody having such issue...just wondering!!

trunks2k8
Newly Registered

Post by trunks2k8 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:01 am

Richa148 wrote:Yeah....really hope CW understand the reason I explained.
Fingers crossed

Nobody having such issue...just wondering!!
hey richa any updates? I'm in a similar situation but ho didn't contact me yet its over 5 months now. I submitted all sa's a month before my ilr as I wasn't aware that sa should be submitted every year even when there is no tax liability.
But according to accountancy rules its not needed not sure why ho is looking at it.
http://www.accaglobal.com/uk/en/technic ... turns.html
submission - 2012 -2015 (online), 2010/11(paper) .. paper returns wont be processed as they are out of date but i received manual tax calculations from hmrc for 2010/11 recently .. will send if ho asks. Please share if u get any update.

london2007
Newly Registered

Post by london2007 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:55 am

Hi,
I am in same situation, had submitted late SA. corporation tax paid on time and SA submitted in feb 2016 for the year 2010-11 as was not aware about SA. Applied ILR set(o) from T1G on 01-03-2016 and still waiting for result. almost 8 and half months...
extension and ILR employed only..

trunks2k8
Newly Registered

Post by trunks2k8 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:23 pm

london2007 wrote:Hi,
I am in same situation, had submitted late SA. corporation tax paid on time and SA submitted in feb 2016 for the year 2010-11 as was not aware about SA. Applied ILR set(o) from T1G on 01-03-2016 and still waiting for result. almost 8 and half months...

8 and half months way too long mate. Have you received manual tax calculations for 10/11 from hmrc? they wont put this in system as its out of date. I'm planning to go for premium postal application after waiting 6 months

london2007
Newly Registered

Post by london2007 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:59 am

trunks2k8 wrote:

8 and half months way too long mate. Have you received manual tax calculations for 10/11 from hmrc? they wont put this in system as its out of date. I'm planning to go for premium postal application after waiting 6 months
Yes, I have received paper calculation and paid all tax in advance. yes you are right hmrc wont update system as they are very old. I have been advised by some members of this forum not to upgrade to premium application as ukvi wont accept it and it is batter to wait in my case. I have received letter from ukvi in august saying that my application is complicated and they wont be able to decide in 6 months..

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:51 am

In the circumstances an application for a Premium upgrade will be rejected.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

karthickbe05
Newly Registered

Post by karthickbe05 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:04 pm

Hi Richa148 & london2007,

Any update on your visas? did you guys got it?
I am also in same situation, 2012-2013 SA I did only on 2016 and am planning for my ILR now. Its not a amendment but I missed to submit that time as my Accountant didn't advise me and did it now.

whether you guys showed the self-employed income for the Tier 1 visa or extension for the particualar year where SA is submitted now?

I heard from one solicitor he said if that self employed income is not shown for visa then it will not be a problem. Not sure how much it's true?

Plz respond.

Regards
Karthick

trunks2k8
Newly Registered

Post by trunks2k8 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:35 pm

london2007 wrote:
trunks2k8 wrote:

Yes, I have received paper calculation and paid all tax in advance. yes you are right hmrc wont update system as they are very old. I have been advised by some members of this forum not to upgrade to premium application as ukvi wont accept it and it is batter to wait in my case. I have received letter from ukvi in august saying that my application is complicated and they wont be able to decide in 6 months..

hey london any update mate? it's six months for me now.

trunks2k8
Newly Registered

Post by trunks2k8 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:36 pm

Richa148 wrote:Hi I am new to this forum
Really looking forward for some expert advice or suggestions
I have recently applied for ILR.i have paid my corporation tax on time however I paid my SA late.though HMRC was agreed to my payment plan settlement which I have done before applying for the ILR and got Sa302.
All documents been submitted I have never done any amendments.
Now I am worried as HO was ok with sa302 and all other documents however they asked me when did I submitted as and when I paid tax. And been given 14 day to revert them back.
Now can you please suggest or advice if anyone had the same issue?
hey Richa any update?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:50 pm

Member in question is evidently busy and not been back for 2 months.
Generally when someone has something of note to report they will report.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.