ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (LR) Postal app HO sent self employment questionnaire

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jlm4272
Newly Registered

ILR (LR) Postal app HO sent self employment questionnaire

Post by Jlm4272 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:04 pm

Hello Fellows
Need some advice. I applied for ILR Set (LR) in june 2016. Biometric done in July. Today I received letter with self employed earning questionnaire also asked details for past 3 years empolyed earnings.
Now key question I have made ammendment in tax return of 10-11 and 13-14 due to one error nd one stupid accountant. Now question where they ask in form if you made ammendment give the reason nd details why? What is the safe answer that if God forbid refuses can be defended in court of law. Please advice on this form also if anyone in same boat. My previous status was T1 General. All dues paid to hmrc 3 months ago. Do I need to send any additional docs in this regard?
Thanks in advance for your kind response.

noajthan

Re: ILR (LR) Postal app HO sent self employment questionnair

Post by noajthan » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:15 pm

Rather than massaging information to get a favourable result or to tell a good story, honesty is the best policy.

And its unclear why people always hire the stupid accountant;
suggest ditch that accountant and demand a refund.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Abc499

Post by Abc499 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:40 pm

@jlm4272
if HO ask for anything then definitely you should provide.

I can tell you one thing as I was stressed about it few month back too! do not say it was accountant mistake, its you who sign the accounts first and then only accountant submit. we everyone say its accountant mistake but why the accountant done mistake on 11 and 13/14 not on other years. its the same accountant submit the other years too but mistake coming on this years only as this two years was our initial and extension. for your case the mistake only happened two times when you apply for visa :( other years ok.

However, positive thing that the case worker did not found your previous claimed earnings on HMRC and could refuse you but ask you for documents to give you a say/chance on it. If it was a genuine mistake then you can explain in that way, but try not to use accountant error as it will not work (even if it is accountant error). because at the end you are responsible not the accountant, also so many people using this cause and sounds fake cause now. you can take advise from anyone but try to establish the reason of the amendment in your own unique way. if you show the reason taking others advise then its already used and common. so think and respond in your own unique way.

imii
- thin ice -

Post by imii » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:46 pm

Hi ,

Could you please share the questions which they asked to you ... I am also on same boat !!
I would say get advice from solicitor for this ...also please share the update the you got on this .

Thanks in advance .

Plzilr

Post by Plzilr » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:14 am

Immii

Have you also recieved this self employment questionair in post?