ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

flr m

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

badmaash

flr m

Post by badmaash » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:10 pm

my wife came to uk in 12/12/15 on a spouse visa and in 20 months time will have to apply for flr, she has a a1 language cert, from when she applied is that enough next time round? or does she have to take another qualification? if so how long are they valid for?

secret.simon

Re: flr m

Post by secret.simon » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:16 pm

I believe that FLR(M) renewal now requires an A2 certificate, followed by a B1 certificate for ILR.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:18 pm

The requirement for A2 level English is scheduled to be introduced in Oct 2016, but as far as I'm aware no date has been confirmed yet. B1 level for ILR under current regulations + the Life in the UK test.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

t2016
Newly Registered

Post by t2016 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:29 am

one of my friend submit A1 level English result last month and got second FLRm visa. But it's valid till october after october you need to take A2 level...