ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa options for PIO

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Visa options for PIO

Post by rajesh9pl » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:42 am

Hi all,

My new born, who has British passport, is eligible for OCI. We want to travel to India but can not wait for 6-8 weeks (OCI lead time). Can you please recommend what alternatives I have, considering Tourist visa fees is quite close to OCI.

I have read about e-Visa and X visa. Has someone got information about them and used?

Thanks,
Rajesh

rmukherjee

Re: Visa options for PIO

Post by rmukherjee » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:45 pm

rajesh9pl wrote:My new born, who has British passport, is eligible for OCI. We want to travel to India but can not wait for 6-8 weeks (OCI lead time). Can you please recommend what alternatives I have, considering Tourist visa fees is quite close to OCI. I have read about e-Visa and X visa. Has someone got information about them and used?
I was in the same boat as you, couldn't wait for the OCI. I ended up getting a normal tourist visa for my child. It didn't take too long - much less hassle than an OCI application, actually. The e-Visa (technically Tourist Visa on Arrival - TVOA) wasn't available then. Can you please look at the TVOA site and see if it works for you? I couldn't see anything that says it can't be used by minors. Also, the TVOA is cheaper than a normal tourist visa.

Perhaps someone with first hand experience of using TVOA for minors can comment.