ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI application for minor children

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kannit

OCI application for minor children

Post by kannit » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:51 pm

Hi,

Myself and my spouse have ILR but our children have recently got their UK passport.

Can we apply OCI application for children now or we should wait to get our UK passports too and then apply for OCI all together?

Thanks!

pragneshmpatel

Re: OCI application for minor children

Post by pragneshmpatel » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:10 pm

its all upto you. If you want to go to vfs twice then apply now. or you can do both in one go.

rmukherjee

Re: OCI application for minor children

Post by rmukherjee » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:09 am

kannit wrote:Hi,

Myself and my spouse have ILR but our children have recently got their UK passport.

Can we apply OCI application for children now or we should wait to get our UK passports too and then apply for OCI all together?

Thanks!
You can apply for OCI now for your children, however because the OCI process requires two trips to VFS, it may be better to wait and submit together. Also in the best case it can take two months to get an OCI so it's not a good solution for urgent trips.