ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AT what stage to switch from T2 dependant to T4

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kknew
Newly Registered

AT what stage to switch from T2 dependant to T4

Post by kknew » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:30 pm

Hi. I have been in UK under T2ICT and my visa is valid till Jan 2018. My daughter has a dependant visa, valid till the same date. She was granted the visa when she was not 18. However she turned 18 last year. Now she is to join a university for undergraduate course full time, within this month. My understanding is that she can continue to study on her current visa, and sometime next year, prior to the expiry of her T2 dependant visa, she can apply for T4 student visa. Is this understanding correct? Also, will she be able to do it within UK? Many thanks

noajthan

Re: AT what stage to switch from T2 dependant to T4

Post by noajthan » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:39 pm

Suggest keep uni fully posted on visa status and switching plans (etc) to ensure they are happy with it.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Re: AT what stage to switch from T2 dependant to T4

Post by Greenie » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:04 pm

She can't switch in the UK. she may not have enough time to go home over the Xmas vacation to apply for her visa. she needs to speak to her university to explain that she won't be extending her Tier 2 dependent visa beyond jan 2017 and ask if they will be able to sponsor her under tier 4