ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply for a Tier 4 if I'm with Work&Holiday in Aus?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jaleaconyogur
Newly Registered

Can I apply for a Tier 4 if I'm with Work&Holiday in Aus?

Post by jaleaconyogur » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:36 am

Hi, sorry for what I'm about to write as it might sound a bit complicated...

So, I have an acceptance for studying in Liverpool and I need to apply for the Tier 4 visa as soon as possible, but I'm Chilean and at the moment I'm living in Melbourne Australia with a Work and Holiday visa.
I complete the application form for me and my dependant (partner, Chilean as well with a student visa here in Australia) but at the moment of booking the appointment only my dependant have the option of an appointment in Australia. For some reason I keep having only the option of an appointment in Chile, even if my address it's the same as the one of my dependant.
It is maybe that I should change my Country of Residence (country of permanent residence) to Australia instead of Chile? Can I be consider resident at the moment of applying for this? or I should go back to my home country to apply?
I have been living in Australia for 9 months already.

Thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru

Re: Can I apply for a Tier 4 if I'm with Work&Holiday in Aus

Post by Greenie » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:12 am

country of residence does not mean permanent residence. you can apply in Australia if you are lawfully resident there (I.e
generally with anything other than a visit visa)

how long have you and your partner been living together?

jaleaconyogur
Newly Registered

Post by jaleaconyogur » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:23 pm

In total we have been living together 2 years and 2 months. 8 in Melbourne, in Chile 18 months.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:13 pm

jaleaconyogur wrote: Can I be consider resident at the moment of applying for this? or I should go back to my home country to apply?
Yes.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.