ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Visa rejected | Main Applicant visa expiring

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nishi
Newly Registered

Dependant Visa rejected | Main Applicant visa expiring

Post by nishi » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:06 pm

Hi
I am on Tier 2 (General) visa which was stamped on 8th Oct, 2013 and expiring on 12-Dec-2016. I was on Tier 2 (ICT) visa before this and switched on this visa from within UK.

I got married in April, 2016 in India and my wife is an Indian citizen. She applied for her dependant visa in the category Tier 2 (General) dependent to come to UK in August 2016 (with all the major documentation which is required) with a request to leave to remain till 12-Dec-2016 (as my visa was expiring on this day) .

But the UKBA in India refused the visa saying that there are not enough evidence to prove that the marriage will subsist once she is in UK. After going through various forums, I understood that we should have submitted phone records, money transfer proofs, photographs and my travel tickets to India during marriage which would have helped them to understand that we are in a healthy relationship.

Now, I want to re-apply with more evidence which can prove a healthy relationship.

But the issue is that my own visa is expiring in less than 3 months. So

1) Can she re-apply again (which will be just for 2 months) or should she wait till my visa is renewed and then apply for a dependant visa.
2) If she is advised to wait for the dependant visa, can she come to UK on a tourist visa for now, considering that she will need to apply for dependent visa very soon and her dependant visa has been rejected recently.

I want to call her in UK soon but don't want to put a risk on her dependant visa. Please advise.

Regards
Nik