ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General and owning a limited company

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hosa80
Newly Registered

Tier 2 and Self employment/ Limted company

Post by hosa80 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:28 pm

I am currently a dentist working on a tier 2 visa and sponsored by a private dental practice.

Another dental practice would like me to go and place dental implants for them for approximately 10 hours per month. However the way I will get paid is that they will pay me a share (50% of the income) and I need to declare my taxes myself. Thus I need to be self employed or set up a limited company to enable to me pay tax for this extra job.

When I read the guidance it said that supplementary employment, of the same profession/ at the same professional level, up to 20 hours is allowed and I do not need to need to submit another application. I was just wondering do I need to be actually an employee in that second place? Or can I work there and be self employed for taxation purposes.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 and Self employment/ Limted company

Post by iworker » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:02 am

the secondary employment can only be via paye, i.e., the second employer pays your tax etc and gives u net money. ask them if they can manage that..

hosa80
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General and owning a limited company

Post by hosa80 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:45 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if you have found the answer to these queries.
I am in the same situation. I'm a dentist and need to do extra work else where but would need to either be self employed or set up a limited company to be billed through it and pay my tax.

Where does it say you cannot own a limited company?
Where does it say you cannot be self employed.

I would like to follow the rules correctly and I am very confused. Help would be much appreciated

morvin777
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 General and owning a limited company

Post by morvin777 » Sun May 21, 2017 9:30 am

Hi,

Any update on this? I am in the same situation and would like to know what you ended up doing?

Many thanks

jkhaliq
Netherlands

Re: Tier 2 General and owning a limited company

Post by jkhaliq » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:31 pm

looks like not much of the activity here. Apparently, you cannot own a business as your entry clearance was sponsored by a specific employer. If you want to open a company go for Tier 1, which means you will end up losing your current Job.