ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Language requirements - UK MSc degree

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

johnkk
Greece

Language requirements - UK MSc degree

Post by johnkk » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:17 am

For my BC application, it seems that my UK MSc degree is acceptable. I have a few questions though:

1. Do I also need to provide a NARIC letter or just the certificate is enough (from one of University of London colleges). Guide AN seems mixed up on the topic, but this page seems more clear https://www.gov.uk/english-language/degrees-in-english (and says I don't need anything else except my degree).

2. Providing the 'original degree' is a bit difficult; it is A3-sized and framed on the wall for the last 5 years.

The page I mentioned above covers the options of having lost a certificate and explains the following:
If you’ve lost your certificate or you’re waiting for graduation

You must have proof that you’ve passed your degree. This can be either:

an original and official transcript with your name, the name of the institution, your degree and confirmation of the award
an original and official letter from your university confirming it can’t reissue your certificate or when it will be issued
Your letter must include:

your name
your degree
the date the degree was or will be awarded
I wonder if a simple official letter from my university, confirming name, degree and award date would be sufficient. What about a certified copy (by whom though?) Thoughts?

WR1

Re: Language requirements - UK MSc degree

Post by WR1 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:13 am

1. For a UK degree, you do not need to use NARIC. The degree itself is sufficient.

2. Use NCS, they will photocopy your original documents and return them to you.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided