ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name/Surname issue

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sukhdeep

Name/Surname issue

Post by Sukhdeep » Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:22 am

I am planning to apply for HSMP and I have all my documents ready. However there is a small hitch.

In all my certificates and passport my name is “Sukhdeep Singhâ€

rocky

hI

Post by rocky » Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:34 am

If ur passport holds singh as ur surname then u have to keep it as it is otherwise u can leave the surname space blank.

Thanx

Sukhdeep

Re: hI

Post by Sukhdeep » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:18 am

Hi
Thanks for reply

In my passport
name = "Sukhdeep singh"
surname is blank i.e. no surname, its empty

so, you suggest that I should leave surname field empty in HSMP form.

Are you sure that this would be fine and empty surname field is not a bigdeal

Thanks
Sukhdeep

Sukhdeep

Post by Sukhdeep » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:19 am

All senior mambers : please give your valuable sugestions

Thanks
Sukhdeep

rely

Post by rely » Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:07 am

I suggest you get your passport amended and get some surname inserted in it say your fathers first name or your vilage name.
then prepare an affidavit explaining this and enclose it alongwith HSMP application.
even if you do not do it now bhc will ask to do it at EC stage.
rely
Sukhdeep wrote:All senior mambers : please give your valuable sugestions

Thanks
Sukhdeep

hsmpseek

Post by hsmpseek » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:11 am

Sukhdeep,

What details are you sending to prove your age? Birth Certificate? If yes, then whats written on it?

Passport details need not be submitted with your application so keep it as last option. If you send passport and case wroker sees blank surname, it will lead to confusion for him..

So avoid sending passport so there is no other way to raise suspicion in case workers mind..

Got it?

HSMP Seek

rakeshbains
Newly Registered

got flr ..

Post by rakeshbains » Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:26 pm

hi ..even i had the same name problem...but if all yur documents hav got the same name.........doesnt matter which way ..i,e singh ranjit or ranjit singh ..not an issue....further I applied on 24sep and got approval for initial hsmp ,,,all documents back to my house on 1 oct .....now applied for flr on 12 dec and got everything back on 19 dec(passport stamped)

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:48 pm

hi rakesh paaji,
Did you apply FLR from Uk itself. You got flr in very small amt of time mate.

hsmpseek

Re: got flr ..

Post by hsmpseek » Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:57 pm

Hi Rakesh,

Is there any specific amount of bank balance which we need to show while applying HSMP FLR? Please let me know.

HSMP Seek

rakeshbains wrote:hi ..even i had the same name problem...but if all yur documents hav got the same name.........doesnt matter which way ..i,e singh ranjit or ranjit singh ..not an issue....further I applied on 24sep and got approval for initial hsmp ,,,all documents back to my house on 1 oct .....now applied for flr on 12 dec and got everything back on 19 dec(passport stamped)

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:06 pm

hello hsmp seek,
I am under 1+3 category, last time I had my FLR done about 2 1/2 yrs ago, I showed a bank balance of £2500 when I was single, now am married so I would be showing a balance of approx £6000.

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:29 pm

HSMPSeek,

You've hijacked this thread. Anyway, I don't think you need to worry too much about showing a good bank balance. HO asks for the bank statements so that they can ascertain that you are getting steady income into your bank account for the last 3 - 6 months. If you've been spending it to the fullest they are not bothered. In fact, just to show a healthy bank balance say you borrow 3000 £ from your friend, that's what raises suspicion and they may question or reject the FLR. If you are currently on WP in UK, which I believe you are and you have been earning a steady monthly salary, paying your rent/council tax properly, then you should be fine.

SKUK

Sukhdeep

Post by Sukhdeep » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:22 am

Hi Friends, thanks a lot for your suggestions.

Yesterday I met a guy in person he had same Name /Surname issue as mine. his HSMP and EC is cleared .

What he did was:
Name =his name (eg Sukhdeep)
Surname = Singh