ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

If your visa application is delayed

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Riverthamess
Newly Registered

If your visa application is delayed

Post by Riverthamess » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:03 pm

Everyone whose visa is delayed
read very useful advices from CAB
You don't have to wait an unknown period of time

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-a ... sa-delays/

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: If your visa application is delayed

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:50 am

Nothing new about this, well known already.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:41 pm

thanks for the post. really useful...

Dangerous Dragon

Post by Dangerous Dragon » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:16 pm

Hello Riverthames,

Thanks for your post, not everyone knows about this.
Riverthamess wrote:Everyone whose visa is delayed

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:06 pm

Dangerous Dragon wrote:Hello Riverthames,

Thanks for your post, not everyone knows about this.

Nice link sir thanks

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:01 pm

Unfortunately, by calling the call center number you'll get absolutely nothing useful. The only thing they'll say is that your application still under consideration. I am afraid only the case worker would know what's going on.

Riverthamess
Newly Registered

Post by Riverthamess » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:12 am

CR001 wrote:Nothing new about this, well known already.
I am sure for you not, but for many people who are waiting since March-April-May-June this is very useful.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:15 am

hamalt66 wrote:

Unfortunately, by calling the call center number you'll get absolutely nothing useful. The only thing they'll say is that your application still under consideration. I am afraid only the case worker would know what's going on.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Riverthamess
Newly Registered

Post by Riverthamess » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:16 am

hamalt66 wrote:

This is not just about call centre - they are useless (in my opinion)

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:28 am

Riverthamess wrote:
hamalt66 wrote:

This is not just about call centre - they are useless (in my opinion)
Has anyone wrote to HO before? Would they reply soon or will they take up to 6 months to respond?

businessmen aces
India

Post by businessmen aces » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:23 pm

HO never bothers to reply i wrote them 2 letters on 15th sept and 21st sept to know the status since i applied on 29th June but nobody bothers to reply. HO still operates with 18th century set up they are the worst public department you can ever imagine anywhere in the world. I have started to wonder how qualified is case workers who can't decide visa application for 4 to 6 months they don't understand how will people run there business if they are unable to travel for 4 to 6 months its like a hostage situation i am already regretting why i choose uk have invested more than 500 K and work 14 to 16 hours a day employ 4-5 people now but still HO can't decide if its a genuine business or not surely they don't have the required qualification for the job

itk
- thin ice -

Post by itk » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:55 am

[quote="businessmen aces"]HO never bothers to reply i wrote them 2 letters on 15th sept and 21st sept to know the status since i applied on 29th June but nobody bothers to reply. HO still operates with 18th century set up they are the worst public department you can ever imagine anywhere in the world. I have started to wonder how qualified is case workers who can't decide visa application for 4 to 6 months they don't understand how will people run there business if they are unable to travel for 4 to 6 months its like a hostage situation i am already regretting why i choose uk have invested more than 500 K and work 14 to 16 hours a day employ 4-5 people now but still HO can't decide if its a genuine business or not surely they don't have the required qualification for the job[/quote]

Yea, you've tried and I can understand your frustration. Please be patient. Not hearing from them means they are considering your application. No news yet is good news! be patient you'll smile very soon

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:05 am

businessmen aces wrote:HO never bothers to reply i wrote them 2 letters on 15th sept and 21st sept to know the status since i applied on 29th June but nobody bothers to reply. HO still operates with 18th century set up they are the worst public department you can ever imagine anywhere in the world. I have started to wonder how qualified is case workers who can't decide visa application for 4 to 6 months they don't understand how will people run there business if they are unable to travel for 4 to 6 months its like a hostage situation i am already regretting why i choose uk have invested more than 500 K and work 14 to 16 hours a day employ 4-5 people now but still HO can't decide if its a genuine business or not surely they don't have the required qualification for the job
Same here. Wow just the two of us, we have invested more than 1M pounds in the country and provided work/income to 10 families. Imagine how much money brought into the uk and how many families supported by a million migrant??? Yes you'd think they would make our experience a little bit more comfortable to encourage more investors/entrepreneurs to come to the uk! Something is very wrong here.

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:20 am

itk wrote: Yea, you've tried and I can understand your frustration. Please be patient. Not hearing from them means they are considering your application. No news yet is good news! be patient you'll smile very soon
Very optimistic and comforting words there itk. Thanks for that. I am still wondering, though, if the extremely long delays (over 6 months in my case) to reach a decision was because our files/documents still siting dormant in a cabinet drawer somewhere at HO because our turn has not come yet, or was it because the case worker is taking his/her time to read and examine our application one page per day??? One would think it would only need a couple of days or at most a couple of weeks to phone our banks, our accountants, HMRC, Companies House etc to confirm if the submitted documents are legal and legitimate!!!

businessmen aces
India

Post by businessmen aces » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:13 pm

Today we Received letter from Home Office dated 13th October 2016 that they require us to attend interview in connection of our Visa application. Interview date is 25th October. I have one question we applied as a entrepreneur team me and my dad we both got interview letters for same date and time will both of us be interviewed together or separately. Our interview is in battlesea building harrow will it be Skype interview or face to face interview how long will it last.

I think its good to be interview now we can get some idea what is going on why its taking so long.It took them more than 16 weeks to decide if they want us to invite for interview or not is this normal i thought this could have been done much earlier.
I feel it was better if home office starts sending its team to client site and they can show them what they do and what is the set up this will help reduce wastage of time in so much paperwork ..))

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:21 pm

@businessmen aces, stop tagging unrelated/irrelevant topics when you have your own topic - continue there.

Making identical multiple posts is just spamming the forum.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.