ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA permanent residence

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wciselko
Newly Registered

EEA permanent residence

Post by wciselko » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:52 pm

Hi,

I have applied recently and have been rejected based on the fact that I was not able to prove that I have had comprehensive sickness insurance (as for the majority of the time I was a student).
I never heard about this before and therefore I did not buy any insurance before. Does this mean that I am not eligible at all? Or can I just buy it now and reapply straight away?
Also, would that mean that I am self sufficient as a student?

I really need help on this - already have been to a lawyer and they gave me useless advice for 75 pounds! I am begging for help as I have no more money to spend on useless lawyers :(

Saladin0011
Mood:
Czech Republic

Re: EEA permanent residence

Post by Saladin0011 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:16 pm

Well.. Sorry to say that but you are not eligible. As a student without work you have to have insurance from your country.
Self-sufficient means that you have enough money on your account that you don't need any help from government or so.

noajthan

Re: EEA permanent residence

Post by noajthan » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:02 am

wciselko wrote:Hi,

I have applied recently and have been rejected based on the fact that I was not able to prove that I have had comprehensive sickness insurance (as for the majority of the time I was a student).
I never heard about this before and therefore I did not buy any insurance before. Does this mean that I am not eligible at all? Or can I just buy it now and reapply straight away?
Also, would that mean that I am self sufficient as a student?

I really need help on this - already have been to a lawyer and they gave me useless advice for 75 pounds! I am begging for help as I have no more money to spend on useless lawyers :(
CSI is a form of insurance and cannot be back-dated.

Students need to have held CSI (or alternative) in order to use their student years towards acquiring PR.

Selfsufficient is another category of qualified person; CSI also required.

Alternatives
Did you have a foreign EHIC whilst a student?
Or a RC issued to you as a student during/before 2011?
Did you have any Union citizen relative (parent) who was exercising treaty rights in UK whilst you were a student? (they could be your sponsor).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.