ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

citizenship ceremony forced to accept the date

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hunpak
Member of Standing

citizenship ceremony forced to accept the date

Post by hunpak » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:22 pm

Hi All,

when i called council for appointment booking they didn't not gave me a choice, they said customers have to accept the date they offer. is it true?

i am a doctor and i have important appointments on that day.
Next Mission
Get my MOM EEA Resident Document

noajthan

Re: citizenship ceremony forced to accept the date

Post by noajthan » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:34 pm

hunpak wrote:Hi All,

when i called council for appointment booking they didn't not gave me a choice, they said customers have to accept the date they offer. is it true?

Go private.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

MrsT
Mood:

Post by MrsT » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:48 pm

As above, I was told during the NCS appointment that for an additional fee you can book a private ceremony. This option might be more suitable for you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:00 pm

Some councils issued applicants with a date. Other councils tells you what dates they have available and you can choose.

Suggest phone council and ask for another date or do a private ceremony.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:59 pm

hunpak wrote:Hi All,

Most councils won't let you choose. The dates are fixed for a standard ceremony. As advised, you need to book a private ceremony if you wish to choose a date. This will be at an additional fee but the benefit is you can also choose to do weekends (depending on the council).
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:34 pm

My local council holds group ceremonies on the first Tuesday of every month. When I got my approval letter, it gave me the choice of the next 3 group ceremonies, or I could pay extra for private.

sjy22
Newly Registered

Post by sjy22 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:47 pm

In my county council, I (and my wife) were allowed to choose a date (every Wednesday) within 90 days from the date on the approval letter

I think it depends on the council's own policy.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:26 pm

Every council is different. The date will depend on the policy of the OP's local council. Some have dates every week, every fortnight and some only once a month. OP needs to check with the local council for the next available date.

Mine only offered the next available date and for any dates after that was told to ring back in a couple of weeks to keep checking as they wouldn't provide any.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided