ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Keeping BRP after NCS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

backlight
Newly Registered

Keeping BRP after NCS

Post by backlight » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:35 pm

Hi,

Apologies for asking something that's covered in the FAQ (under Application Form Q2), but I just wanted to clarify that it applies in my situation.

I'm currently on ILR, planning on applying for naturalisation in the next week. Just to confirm, if I use an NCS can I keep my BRP? I have a 1 week trip at the end of the year, and I want to make sure that if I apply now through NCS that it won't affect travelling until the application is approved.

Also, when the HO sends the letter requesting biometric enrollment, how long do you have to get that done? i.e. if they send it on the day I leave, can I assume there will be time when I get back?

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Keeping BRP after NCS

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:39 pm

Just to confirm, if I use an NCS can I keep my BRP?
Yes
biometric enrollment, how long do you have to get that done?
15 days
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

backlight
Newly Registered

Post by backlight » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:10 pm

Thanks vey much for the quick response CR001.

One more question if I could - the application form says "Please give details of your BRP. Please note for the application to be valid and complete, your current BRP must be provided, unless it is not available for one of the reasons specified below". If I say I can't provide it, under this section:
"6.12 If the required biometric residence permit (BRP) is not enclosed please give details why
you are unable to provide it:"
Is it OK just to say I need it for upcoming travel? Or is there something else I should write in here?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:20 pm

NCS takes copy of your BRP and certifies it so you have provided BRP for application - no need to fill in 6.12. Same applies for your passport and other documents - you keep the originals (except LIUK certificate).
Last edited by alterhase58 on Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:21 pm

Tick it is enclosed. NCS will photocopy the BRP and return the original BRP back to you.

You can then keep it until the point of when you actually naturalise as a BC (attend ceremony) subject to your application being approved.

EDIT: beaten by the poster above
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Ani82

Post by Ani82 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:22 pm

backlight wrote:Thanks vey much for the quick response CR001.

One more question if I could - the application form says "Please give details of your BRP. Please note for the application to be valid and complete, your current BRP must be provided, unless it is not available for one of the reasons specified below". If I say I can't provide it, under this section:
"6.12 If the required biometric residence permit (BRP) is not enclosed please give details why
you are unable to provide it:"
Is it OK just to say I need it for upcoming travel? Or is there something else I should write in here?
I would advise you not to tick anything there , your NCS advisor will guide you for that and you dont have to explain anything , just make a note of it on the day of your appointment and clarify with the NCS advisor.

Best of Luck

backlight
Newly Registered

Post by backlight » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:29 pm

Excellent, that clarifies things. Thanks everyone!