ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting after May 2016 application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yandresyuk
Newly Registered

Still waiting after May 2016 application

Post by yandresyuk » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:47 pm

Applied for myself and my daughter in on May 20, 2016. We submitted our biometrics in June and still have heard nothing since. Anyone else in the same boat?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Still waiting after May 2016 application

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:49 pm

Have you checked the May 2016 timelines, usually a good indication of who is waiting. We don't need another similar timeline thread either.

Some people have been waiting since mid 2014 and a few still from mid 2015.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:53 pm

yandresyuk wrote:Applied for myself and my daughter in on May 20, 2016. We submitted our biometrics in June and still have heard nothing since. Anyone else in the same boat?
Don't expect much handholding and mollycoddling or feedback from HO.

Many waiting far longer than a mere 5 months.
Just a case of sitting tight and waiting.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

yandresyuk
Newly Registered

Post by yandresyuk » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:03 pm

Checked the May 2016 thread - everyone on there seems to have received their approvals already. We have a very straightforward application - Tier 1 (general), no overstays, nothing. US citizens. I am shocked that they would find an issue

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:48 pm

BC applicants previously under Tier 1 General are currently under scrutiny to cross-check with HMRC whether there have been any tax discrepancies which may not have been evident in previous visa applications.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Smam

Post by Smam » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:56 pm

Hi,

I would like to remind you that it has got nothing to do with how complex or straight forward your case is its all about the Home Office in which way they perceive your case.

I have all of my sympathies with you I know that its a quite nerve wrecking thing all this waiting game.

If I am being honest with you I have submitted my application this April 2016 and Thanks to Almighty God that I had attended my ceremony yesterday and believe me or not even though my case was not straight forward at all with 6 points on my driving license and every thing else involve relating to domestic stuff being dealt by law and other stuffs. But I am surprise how I manage to get it so quickly its just unbelievable.

The summary is never loose hope one thing I did is never paid any attention to the time which is passing and I think that's really helped me a lot.

Whereas I know one of my friend who applied last December 2015 and unfortunately he's still waiting and everything belongs to him is crystal clear but really don't understand the reason for the delay.

We did tried to contact the Home Office and on many different occasion for my friends application and fortunate enough we have received an answer from them very recently which clearly states that stop sending any more correspondence relating to this matter as Citizenship is not a right its a privilege and we will only give you this if we think that you worth it but the biggest dilemma is we don't know what's the standard they are using in judging any applicants worth.

Please kindly keep us updated with the outcome of your Naturalisation.

Good luck.