ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Requirement for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

valtair
Newly Registered

English Requirement for Naturalisation

Post by valtair » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:52 pm

Hi There
I have got ESOL for Life - Award Certificate from Cambridge English Language Assessment
Speaking and Listening Entry 2 (QCF) Passed Test on Feb 2015 (SFL Entry 2 Award)
Question is : Would it be accept or I would have to book and pass on those approved center listed bellow?
(Trinity College or IELTS SELT Consortium)
Thanks very much

Casa

Re: English Requirement for Naturalisation

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:51 pm

"Applying for citizenship

You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if you’re applying for citizenship and it was accepted when you settled in the UK.

It doesn’t matter if the B1 level test you took isn’t on the current list of recognised tests. You don’t need to take another test."

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

valtair
Newly Registered

Post by valtair » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:14 pm

There was no need for any language test when PR was issued.Still confused. Thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:27 pm

In which case if the qualification wasn't used for settlement (PR) as ESOL is no longer on the approved list you will have to take the B1 level test + the Life in the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... entres.pdf
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:02 pm

valtair wrote:Hi There
I have got ESOL for Life - Award Certificate from Cambridge English Language Assessment
Speaking and Listening Entry 2 (QCF) Passed Test on Feb 2015 (SFL Entry 2 Award)
Question is : Would it be accept or I would have to book and pass on those approved center listed bellow?
(Trinity College or IELTS SELT Consortium)
Thanks very much
Even if the qualification was on the list, you still wouldn't be able to use it as Entry 2 is below level B1 (Entry 3 is equivalent to level B1)
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

valtair
Newly Registered

Post by valtair » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:10 pm

thank you, well explained