ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RLMT Query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mahir1108

RLMT Query

Post by Mahir1108 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:03 am

Hi all,

The employer has advertised the job in two different places. 1 is universal job center and the 2nd job he gave it to a recruitment agency which inturn advertised the job on different job portals.

The question is the
On JobCenter its advertised as
Job Tiltle: AAA Manager

and on other job portals its advertised as
Job Tiltle: BBB Manager

The duties, Salary, benefits in both the adverts are same.
I did query him about the jobtitle and the location and he said that this is how the agencies advertise and it should be ok with the home office.

I wanted to know if this is really ok with the home office or shall I ask him to change the adverts.

eduleal

Re: RMLT Query

Post by eduleal » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:17 pm

There can definitely be a problem, as one of the two will be incorrect (i.e. they will be advertising the wrong position, not the one you'll be applying for).

The location itself shouldn't be a major issue, as they're the same constituency (although don't quote me on that, technically it would be one of the other).

The job title, however, is tricky - part of the RLMT is to also provide this is a genuine vacancy/position, and the fact that one of the two won't be consistent with the job title on the COS can definitely be an issue...

Mahir1108

Resident Labour Market Test

Post by Mahir1108 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:39 am

Hi all,

The employer has advertised the job in two different places. 1 is universal job center and the 2nd job he gave it to a recruitment agency which inturn advertised the job on different job portals.

The question is the
On JobCenter its advertised as
Job Tiltle: AAA Development Manager

and on other job portals its advertised as
Job Tiltle: BBB Development Manager

Both the job titles fall under same SOC.
The duties, Salary, benefits in both the adverts are same.
I did query him about the jobtitle and the location and he said that this is how the agencies advertise and it should be ok with the home office.

I wanted to know if this is really OK with the home office or shall I ask him to change the adverts.

Please any response is appreciated. I am in a lot of stress because of this.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:24 am

Posts merged
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Mahir1108

Post by Mahir1108 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:40 am

Thanks but no one seems to be replying to my query

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:41 am

Mahir1108 wrote:Thanks but no one seems to be replying to my query
Its simply up to members who are qualified and interested and have time to reply.
Stand by.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ronin

Post by ronin » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:51 pm

Mahir1108 wrote:Thanks but no one seems to be replying to my query
As far as I know, both adverts should be mirror image of each other. HO COS team will likely to reject and ask you to redo the whole RLMT process again if they find a single discrepancy, I would suggest you to go by book, i.e. guidance.

Btw, bear in mind about changes in Tier 2 thresholds effective from 24 Nov which may affect your RLMT process.

Cheers

eduleal

Post by eduleal » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:19 pm

Also, I had already reply - as per below.
Really advise you to re-do it from scratch.

There can definitely be a problem, as one of the two will be incorrect (i.e. they will be advertising the wrong position, not the one you'll be applying for).

The location itself shouldn't be a major issue, as they're the same constituency (although don't quote me on that, technically it would be one of the other).

The job title, however, is tricky - part of the RLMT is to also provide this is a genuine vacancy/position, and the fact that one of the two won't be consistent with the job title on the COS can definitely be an issue...