ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents needed for EEA/PR application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

matteoformica
Newly Registered

Documents needed for EEA/PR application

Post by matteoformica » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:00 pm

Hello everyone,

I moved from Italy (EEA) to the UK in July 2010 and I am about to send the EEA/PR application form in order to obtain the permanent residence card.

I am a bit anxious about this so I want to make sure I get this right before sending anything to HO.

This is the list of documents I'm attaching to the application:

1) My Italian identity card
2) council tax bill for every year between 2010 to 2016 (as proof of address)
3) 2 utility bills for every year between 2010 and 2016 (as proof of address)
4) All the payslips I received between 2010 and 2016 (as proof of employment)
5) All P60s I received between 2010 and 2016 (as proof of employment)
6) A list of all absences from the UK between 2010 and 2016 (it may not be 100% accurate, so I included a letter to HO to explain)
6) photographs

These are my questions:

1) Are these attachments enough?

2) Do I need to include bank statements as well? If so how many per year? And can I print the online statements or do I need to get them from the bank branch?

3) I cannot provide proof of address for the first 49 days just after I moved to the UK, as I was guest at a friend place: so my name does not appear on any bill, and both my bank statements and my payslips for that period have my work address on them. I explained this in the letter to HO attached to the application. Do you think it's going to be an issue?

4) Being a EEA national, do I need to have my biometric information recorded?

Thanks everyone!

Matteo

LilyLalilu

Re: Documents needed for EEA/PR application

Post by LilyLalilu » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:36 pm

1) Yes, more than enough.

2) I don't think so. You are already showing proof of residence and treaty rights through P60s, payslips and bills.

3) Proof of address is not needed, just proof of residence. Anyway, as you are sending more than 5 years of proof the first 49 days are not really going to be relevant and I would not worry about it.

4) No.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

matteoformica
Newly Registered

Post by matteoformica » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:14 pm

Thanks!

matteoformica
Newly Registered

Post by matteoformica » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:17 am

Hi,

I have another question:

Since I am attaching 2 bank statements (for the first 2 months of my stay in the UK) and my original Italian identity card:

1) Can I attach printed online statements or do I need to get them from a bank branch?

2) My national identity card just states my name, date of birth, Italian address, height, profession, nationality, color of eyes and hair. Do I need to provide a professional translation of this document or can I attach it as it is?

Thanks!

Kind Regards,

Matteo

Pedicini

Post by Pedicini » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:07 pm

Hi Matteo

Send them original bank statements as they do not accept copies - they will, however, accept stamped copies of statements. Some banks will stamp your printout from the internet but not all - depends who you bank with.

No need to get your ID card translated - just send it on its own

Good Luck