ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents for OCI

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Captain1
Newly Registered

Documents for OCI

Post by Captain1 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:01 pm

Hi ,

I have to apply for an OCI card as I have received my British Passport and I am going to surrender my Indian passport . Subsequently I would apply for the OCI card .Could someone please let me know what documents I would need to make my application for OCI card . Initially I was under the impression that I would need only my naturalisation certificate , copy of my Indian passport , my British passport and the application form .
However , it seems that the Indian High Commission also expects me to bring either my birth certificate or domicile certificate or school leaving certificate . Now I don't have any of these documents with me . So I am quite stressed as to what should I do . I have my PAN card with me but I don't know if it would useful or not .
Could you please advise me whether I need to get one of these documents or is there any way out where I would be alright with my Naturalisation certificate and my British passport and copy of Indian passport .
Many thanks : :( :(

rmukherjee

Re: Documents for OCI

Post by rmukherjee » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:57 pm

Captain1 wrote:However , it seems that the Indian High Commission also expects me to bring either my birth certificate or domicile certificate or school leaving certificate
Please see this reply.

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Re: Documents for OCI

Post by IndiMarshall » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:22 am

You will be given a surrender certificate when you surrender Indian passport.. that is all you need..

If you take surrender certificate, you dont need to submit any of these 'birth certificate or domicile certificate or school leaving certificate '

For more information you may read this..

http://www.immigrationboards.com/other- ... 18546.html